El Camino Central Forum banner
5,921 - 5,940 of 6,768 Posts
Very nice! The AFR heads look as if they are well prepared. Too bad you have to cover those beautiful roller rockers.
I don't know what was in your truck before, but I can see you're headed in the right direction on this engine. We're excited with you...

Checked and cleaned all the loose wiring for tail lamps and back up lights. Still need to secure wiring to frame. Also installed new bumper and tail light lenses. Can’t find my defusers in my hoard of parts. Will install once located. Also need to find tee fitting for air lines to air bags. Right now they are individually filled.

Attachments

Very nice! The AFR heads look as if they are well prepared. Too bad you have to cover those beautiful roller rockers.
I don't know what was in your truck before, but I can see you're headed in the right direction on this engine. We're excited with you...
It was sbc 305 with 144 blower, the blower is to be on top of this engine, this is 350 boat engine bottom

Dang, that is nice. It should drop right into that little VW behind it. Should be a little peppyer too. :)

Very nice!

I tried to start up the 78 Elk today but the battery was dead, however the clock was still working. It’s on the charger now and hope to start it yet tonight.

I just got it started and it ran great. When I first tried to start it it didn’t even click or anything. I hope I can get the time to install the sniper EFI system soon.

Took a 250 mile round trip into London for a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. Handled the highways with ease, and a couple of hours of sitting in standstill traffic didn't phase it at all, temp needle sat bang on 195. First real roadtrip was a resounding success.
Automotive parking light Wheel Cloud Tire Vehicle

Attachments

Friend on mine's father passed suddenly recently (long time long haul trucker), so my wife and I hosted a friend's and family life celebration cookout get together at our house yesterday. Over 50 ppl showed up, coming from Colorado, California, Minnesota, Florida, Michigan, New York and several other states, not just from here in Tennessee. Naturally, my Cabby was in the driveway, kept company by several Caddys, Benz, BMW's, a Jag and a very new Bentley as well as a host of rentals.

Yet the funny thing was, even with all those really nice rides, the only one that drew any attention was my old Blue. Spent a goodly amount of time sitting around the BBQ with several older gents, just reminiscing about when 5th gens weren't even a thing yet, absense of parts, and naturally QJ issues.

Sometimes it's simply amazing how something like an 87 GMC can bring back so many memories ppl had just about forgotten.

went out yesterday and cut off the front half of the flood elkie trailer project with a gas torch, then cut the split bench seat out by cutting thru the brackets. front brackets were easy, the rears not so much.

also had @pmajeika pull himself a new steering column prior to torching the stuff out (y)

Went to a Fund Raising car show at El Camino memorial park. Received a People's Choice Award for the Caballero.
The fund raiser was for an organization that buries babies found dead (dumpsters, trash cans, etc). To say it was a worthy cause is an understatement. Volunteers make tiny caskets and hold a funeral for the unknown & unclaimed human life

I don't mean for this to sound uncaring, but if all you do is start your truck 3 or 4 times a week, is it really an event? Some owners share their mods, improvements, participation in shows etc. Starting your truck after months or years is significant. A 4,000 mile roadtrip is significant. I love to celebrate success & milestones; share those. Install fuel injection & let's celebrate

5,921 - 5,940 of 6,768 Posts