El Camino Central Forum banner
5981 - 5996 of 5996 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Chevy El Camino Restomod
499 Posts
Installed the Dapper Lighting lamps today. Has switchback Diode Dynamics 120mm halos. Very happy with this product, but very expensive. Can't wait to try them out at night. These are true projector LEDs. 30w at 6k temp.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Black Camera accessory Motor vehicle

Font Automotive lighting Auto part Automotive wheel system Circle

Wheel Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Sky Gesture Amber Astronomical object Moon

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Plant

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Sky

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I put the timing light on my 9:1 427. Initial 20, total 36 all in by 3000, just right. Its running real nice. My 69 el Camino really has some serious torque, its so much fun to drive! She loves Sam's Club 87 regular too! I mean this engine actually runs much stronger and smoother on 87 over 89 or 94. When I ran the higher octane 94, I could feel it lose the snappy off idle torque it usually has.
I don't use a vacuum advance; this motor doesn't like it. It runs much better without it and running the initial at 20. The 9:1 compression makes it possible for me to tune for performance and not ping or detonation.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Somewhere here I saw a post that explained how to test the voltage at the blower motor relay. I did it today and found the 12V going into the relay but 10V coming out. So after cleaning the wire terminals I got rid of the resistance and I am pumping enough air into the cabin to stay somewhat cooler. Thanks to whoever made that post.

5981 - 5996 of 5996 Posts