El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have this occuring? I am a member of over 40 message boards, and for some reason, as SOON as I enter this one, MSN messenger gets activated, and I dont even used MSN messenger.

Anyone got a clue on that one?

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Haven't seen it before, of course, I don't use MSN. I will look into what is causing it and kill it before it grows.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
acauth1 said:
Haven't seen it before, of course, I don't use MSN. I will look into what is causing it and kill it before it grows.
yeah, ive never used MSN either. It pops up in the lower right hand corner and doesnt let you exit, unless I close the explorer window that elcaminocentral is open with, then I can exit it, and it never comes back. The second I return to this site, it reappears. The program doesnt try and run or anything, I just felt it was odd and that I should bring attention to it since I didnt see anything posted about it before.

other than that, Im glad to be here :D

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Still looking in to it...Glad to have you here!

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Found a thread at phpbb.com that says it will do this if you're running Kazaa in the backgound. Maybe?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
acauth1 said:
Found a thread at phpbb.com that says it will do this if you're running Kazaa in the backgound. Maybe?
nope, I dont use Kazaa either, and why would it be only this board? Im a ton of them. :?:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Not sure as of yet. Still searching the PHPBB support forum for similar issues. I may wind up installing MSN just see if it does it on my end as well. Regardless, appreciate the heads-up...personally that kind of stuff chaps my butt.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Let me ask you a couple of ?'s
Is it just showing up on the taskbar, or is popping up and promting you to login?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
acauth1 said:
Let me ask you a couple of ?'s
Is it just showing up on the taskbar, or is popping up and promting you to login?

Thanks
its just putting it in the task bar in the lower right hand corner, its not logging on or asking me to.

like i said its not killing me or anything, I just found it really odd. I am registered on like 40 message boards, if not more, and this is the only one its ever occured on, but its nothing critical.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, I just noticed also, that when I mouse over the icon, it tells me it "Windows Messenger - Not Signed In". It still looks like the MSN Icon though, I actually thought they were one in the same? but maybe that name would help you in the hunt to figuring out what its doing.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Which version of winders are ya using?

·
Banned
881 Posts
NJTy180 said:
ok, I just noticed also, that when I mouse over the icon, it tells me it "Windows Messenger - Not Signed In". It still looks like the MSN Icon though.
It happens to me too. Until now I couldn't figure out why it appears. I'm running "XP Home" also.

87SS said:
I still swear Bill Gates is the anti-Christ!
Now you're in trouble. I think my XP Home just automatically sent that to Bill Gates. :twisted:

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, well whatever was doing it, doesnt do it anymore, just so ya know/ :wink:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Thanks, I found the problem earlier today and killed it!

Robert

1 - 17 of 17 Posts