El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got this El Camino for my Dad, I been wondering what this is in the cargo bay......

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,713 Posts
some kind of hold down that is not a GM part just like the hold downs on the side of bed (not GM part)
maybe something for bikes ?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
context is important; how many of those are there? one or two? if two, maybe for a toolbox? is it welded in, or bolted to the bed? it looks like it has adjustment slots cut in the bed itself to move the bracket back and forth.

looking at the design, I'd say you remove the bolt, place the item on the stanchion which probably has a matching bolt hole in the bottom, a bar sticking out the back to go thru the slot and line it up, and then fasten it back down

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
context is important; how many of those are there? one or two? if two, maybe for a toolbox? is it welded in, or bolted to the bed? it looks like it has adjustment slots cut in the bed itself to move the bracket back and forth.

looking at the design, I'd say you remove the bolt, place the item on the stanchion which probably has a matching bolt hole in the bottom, a bar sticking out the back to go thru the slot and line it up, and then fasten it back down
There is only one. It's welded in. It looks like you unscrew the bolt and shove something in and then tighten the bolt down. On that picture, just in front fixture, there is a cut in the mat were something was at, but it wasn't welded in and it's gone. there is no indication that was one on the other side, just that one. The welds all most looks liquid. All smooth, no bumps in the weld. I'll clean it up and get more shots of it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some kind of hold down that is not a GM part just like the hold downs on the side of bed (not GM part)
maybe something for bikes ?
I really don't have a clue. Its a bracket that you loosen the bolt, then shove something in the bracket and tighten the bolt down. What you tighten down with the bolt, that's I would like to know. Its one of those things that you say, I can figure this out, but can't.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Capt Oahu, good luck with your tie down issue, have never seen one like it.
Also like the signature picture of F4E, Phantom took me back a few years.(y)(y)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got to sit in a G? for a full throttle burn down the runway when I was 8. Roller-coasters pale in comparison. Took a month or more to wipe the grin and dazed look off my face lol. Flying brick. Loved that plane as a kid. My dad was one of the cockpit instramentation guru's for the few that were stationed over in England when he was still RAF.

·
Premium Member
4,281 Posts
There were two of them. It is where they bolted in the 44 inch tall ordinance racks, so you could lock and fire above the cab.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
That is a picture of my bird. I was the crew chief, during the Viet war.
oh so that's the work truck.. Very Cool Capt.O
I got to sit in a G? for a full throttle burn down the runway when I was 8. Roller-coasters pale in comparison. Took a month or more to wipe the grin and dazed look off my face lol. Flying brick. Loved that plane as a kid. My dad was one of the cockpit instramentation guru's for the few that were stationed over in England when he was still RAF.
wow !
I had to "settle" for riding in my brothers '34 Fourd w/394 Hemi..
but the neighbors had a little Cessna or a Cub maybe??, I was too young to remember..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts