El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I could only suggest checking at a local mechanic who may have some rebuild carb pieces. I know it is part of the choke. (it's about to be summer what do you need a choke for LOL) Someone one here may have an old Q-jet or you may contact the Mountain Man carb guy (you may look search under carb for a link) he may have just what you need

·
Registered
852 Posts
its where the spring goes to adjust the choke, try searching for rochester choke parts, they make a conversion to convert it to electric choke here: http://www.carburetion.com/quadrajet.asp look at the bottom of the page

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could only suggest checking at a local mechanic who may have some rebuild carb pieces. I know it is part of the choke. (it's about to be summer what do you need a choke for LOL) Someone one here may have an old Q-jet or you may contact the Mountain Man carb guy (you may look search under carb for a link) he may have just what you need
i am gonna be sending it to mountain man carb to be rebuilt, will he have the piece i need ?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if i have one you can have it let me go look. some only have one tang and the loop in the choke spring goes around it

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
ihave one if you need it.if you are sending it for rebuild have them do an electric choke conversion.the electric choke ones only have one pin and the hot air chokes have the split where the spring goes in between the two tabs

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
hot air uses hot air heated by the exhaust crossover in the intake to warm up the choke.and an electric uses battery power to heat up the choke coil. i personally prefer the electric.you dont have those 2 tubes comeing from the intake to the carb and choke.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hot air uses hot air heated by the exhaust crossover in the intake to warm up the choke.and an electric uses battery power to heat up the choke coil. i personally prefer the electric.you dont have those 2 tubes comeing from the intake to the carb and choke.
i only have one tube coming from exhaust to the air cleaner ??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ihave one if you need it.if you are sending it for rebuild have them do an electric choke conversion.the electric choke ones only have one pin and the hot air chokes have the split where the spring goes in between the two tabs
Does the piece you have, Have the two tabs? if so i am interested in having it.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
looking at your pic that was a one pin one as best i can see unless the ramp side is broke off. you can have it just pay shipping from idaho

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i have both styles.pm me an address and i will send it off to you today or tomorrow. when you get it and if its what you need just send me the shipping cost back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts