El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 79 elco, and there was a lot to do. I'm close to completing it, but there is a yellow wire underdash in harness that is smoked, connecting to fuse panel at the "acc" labeling? not sure what it is, but would rather fix it, then have to tear dash up again. I noticed it runs in the harness that goes over and across the instrument cluster, but it seems to keep going and im not sure where to look, because the cigarrette lighter wires have been spliced in somewhere else, but nothing else looks burnt. I have checked wiring diagrams, but no ideas there either...any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dvd system...but i ran new wires for power and switched. So...sounds like I have a "no harm done" situation?...Im just trying to make absolutely sure...under the dash in not my favorite place..lol. I knoow there was no radio, the blower fan had some monkey work with a toggle switch..lol....it was a mess. But, I replaced the interior fan speed switch, blower motor, the relays (burnt) next to the blover motor, and bypassed the connector on the firewall (red wire anyway, b/c the connector was burnt), so I hope im in good shape. Gimme a thumbs up if you think we're good...:dontknow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a bunch of pics in my phone...ill see about postin up if you wanna see my project. I think the only thing I didnt work on was the rear dirrerential...lol. Not by any means a show car, but definitely a good street car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I disconnected it from the panel. It was old and bare, the sheathing mostly burnt off of it. I have been able to trace it as far as the right corner of the instrument panel, but I have the dash in and would really not wish to remove it again....this would be the second time since I really had the car mostly complete, then blew a 5 inch hole in the block, so I'm now finishing up a 5.3L vortec (carbed)/ 'vette 700r4 install and just sorta being a perfectionist looking at the "loose ends"

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
..FYI..yellow is raido...

:beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
first of all im gald,,, you got it covered,,,,
second id like to welcome you to ecc,,,
third i want to invite you to the 1rst annual region 13 grudge race,,, just a lil get together dont have to race just come out join in we would love to meet you and your elky
check out region 13 in the forums page:beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts