El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of repairing all the vacuum lines for my '85 and being I live in Southern California, I gotta keep the emissions components.

Anyway, I came across this set of small, rotted plastic hosing with what appears to be a rotting rubber 2 port connector. It was sitting on the air filter housing and wasn't getting any use. There's another plug/connector with broken plastic hosing I found near the firewall, but the car still runs without it.

Does anyone know what this type of hosing and connector is called? What's it for and where can I buy a replacement for both the hosing and the connector?

I've attached two photos for reference. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently in the process of repairing all the vacuum lines for my '85 and being I live in Southern California, I gotta keep the emissions components.

Anyway, I came across this set of small, rotted plastic hosing with what appears to be a rotting rubber 2 port connector. It was sitting on the air filter housing and wasn't getting any use. There's another plug/connector with broken plastic hosing I found near the firewall, but the car still runs without it.

Does anyone know what this type of hosing and connector is called? What's it for and where can I buy a replacement for both the hosing and the connector?

I've attached two photos for reference. Thanks!
The rubber part is a connector that attaches to the top of the thermal vacuum switch. The TVS is the non-electrical sensor screwed into the thermostat housing (in front of carb). Looking at your photo 3300 the short line going vertical goes to a vacuum connection on the front of the carb. The long line goes to the EFE and the short line going to your left goes to the AIR diverter valve attached to the AIR (smog) pump. I'm not a real mechanic but that is how mine is configured. The EFE is a vacuum controlled valve sandwiched between the rightt side exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe which is actuated to help the engine warm up faster. If the vacuum is not connected to the EFE the valve will always be open and I'm not sure if you need this operational to pass inspection in CA but I'm pretty sure the AIR pump connections will have to be at least hooked up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts