El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a recent towing accident the front end of my 77 was damaged. I am not sure what the piece is called nor where i can find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Your pic does not show up, can you describe the part?

Tim

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
That's called a "header panel" Then you have the molding around the grille attached to the header panel. The headlight housing on the left is called a fender extension. Looks like the support for the header is twisted too.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
The 4th Gen models seem to be the hardest to find parts for.

Tim

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
pieces parts

Pretty sure the Monte stuff won't fit, for sure the headlight trim bezels, thus the extensions are different. My guess is just Elkys and Chevelles. Start hitting your junk yards. Ebay periodically has that stuff, but generally pretty high, plus the shipping.
Good Luck,
bill

·
Registered
358 Posts
gdouglas, Just seen an Ad. on Craig's List posted Friday 3/9 selling complete parts to a whole 1975 Camino. Looks like he's parting it out. It's listed on CL in Seattle, Wa. (Tacoma), he is willing to ship the parts, and has his phone # listed in the Ad. Be worth a call to see what he's got,.. - George

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey gdouglas, Looks like you also need both complete head light assy's and light buckets. How is the hood and front bumper? If you absolutely cannot find the parts, you might consider an aftermarket Laguna nose. I believe 'AndysAutoSport.com' sells them (he's on the web). - George :smileyb:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...you mean,one of theses.???...

..P.M. me..:beer::beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you don't find the parts in a couple weeks I know where there is a 76 El Camino in a salvage yard I'm sure has all the parts you need.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Go into the search 'Parts for Sale', I believe a member is selling 73-76 parts. Might have what you're looking for. :smileyb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts