El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen a lot of chatter here in region 8,,, so post up on here what is going on,, I sold my 80 Camino, it leaves this Friday so I can hopefully get going on my 66 Camino,, I really have fallin` in love with the 66`s!! Nice lines and a 327 with a Muncie 4 speed,, So please post up on what your are doing and plans are,
So what has matty man been up to,,,,
Finally got my $$$ worth for my Michigan license!! 4 total small mouth bass

As far as my cars,, the 80 is going shortly and my attention to my dirty room for blasting and paint will get old sheetmetal for the side walls,,, my 79 Malibu 2 door is next then my 79 Malibu 4 door then,, then my 66!!!!!! I should redeploy again this winter and then watch out next spring when I get back!!!

I am still trying to get a meet & greet in September hopefully at the Air Force Museum in Dayton,, So lets here what is going on out there in Region 8,,, Matty man

·
Registered
157 Posts
I will be going to look at some 5th gen parts a guy has today, he has many new and used and willing to trade for a 68 step side I have.
This is just a partial list he gave me: tail gate, 2 sets of swivel seats, all new chrome trim, doors etc. His Elky was stolen and wanting to get rid of the parts.
As far as the AF museum I can do anytime.
I will be keeping the parts I need and listing what is left on here very cheep.

Buzz

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I was planning on a fish fry, but since you only got 4 (nice ones tho, bet they were fun to catch), I'll let ya slide!

:dontknow: :beer:

·
Registered
450 Posts
my 85 is in paint so im dead in the water till its done. been doing body work on my 2000 chysler cirrus getting it ready to spray its my daily driver oh and i got a 2.5 inch fiberglass bolt on cowl hood for 5th gen elco or malibu im tryin to sell. im asking $250 or trade for a front spoiler for my 85 elco

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my first Elky last week. Wife was surfing the net and found this place, figured I'd sign up and say hi. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and now I finally have one.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Jason!! Where are located?? I am in central Ohio,, looks like a nice 4th gen Camino you have,, post some pics when ya can,, this is a great site for new owners, any questions fire away,, welcome and I hope to meet ya soon,, Matty man

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Southern Ohio, down around Portsmouth. I've got more pics to upload, would have last night but the net here was being stupid. Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ty for the welcome. I have a ton of questions, but I'll hold off for now until I get a chance to really dive into the car and see what I'm dealin with. Also need to get interior pics uploaded, she's quite sad on the door panels, seat is in fairly decent shape though, so is the carpet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
welcome as well im down for Sep. should have mine done and road worthy here soon got the exhaust made this past sunday, fixed the backup lights, still no brake lights, no hazards, right turn wont work with headlights on and still need to paint exhaust and the hood hopefully will be done here in the next week or so :nanawrench:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, the wife and I were going to check on her property, brakes were a little mushy but worked, got there, checked on things and got ready to leave. She put it in drive and was going to go down the hill by the property and nearly hit a utility pole and a tree, absolutely no brakes. Checked the brake fluid and the smaller back reservoir was empty. Her dad brought us some brake fluid and while the brakes were lack luster at least, they got us home, learned there is also a sticking caliper and a leak somewhere. Brake pedal goes 3/4 of the way down before the brakes kick in, I've not had the time to look at it as our college is back in session. Going to look at it this weekend and see what the deal is. If anyone has any thoughts on it, I welcome all input.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey Matty Man & Region 8! Sorry I haven't been on lately, been very busy this summer with all kinds of stuff going on. Hit the cruise-in in Beavercreek at the corner of Fairfield & 35 a coupel of times this summer, starts every Fri night about 6. Usually 3 to 6 ElKeys out there, mostly 5th gens. Meeting up at the Air Force Museum in Dayton is a great idea in Sept but stay away from Sat the 15th, that's the AF Marathon, there will be a huge crowd there that day! My brother's mother-in-law backed into my 87 ElKey in her driveway last month causing $409 damage to the left front corner, ugh! Just got it out of the shop last week & they did a great job fixing it! I took advantage of the opportunity & bought all new bezels & grill, so the front end looks great now! Hope to meet you guys in Region 8 before the summer is over! TD

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Well, the wife and I were going to check on her property, brakes were a little mushy but worked, got there, checked on things and got ready to leave. She put it in drive and was going to go down the hill by the property and nearly hit a utility pole and a tree, absolutely no brakes. Checked the brake fluid and the smaller back reservoir was empty. Her dad brought us some brake fluid and while the brakes were lack luster at least, they got us home, learned there is also a sticking caliper and a leak somewhere. Brake pedal goes 3/4 of the way down before the brakes kick in, I've not had the time to look at it as our college is back in session. Going to look at it this weekend and see what the deal is. If anyone has any thoughts on it, I welcome all input.

cheaper than a divorce!

:poke:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just picked up a lot of 5th gen exterior trim, rear window, interior trim, some gauges, and misc peices if you guys are interested in buying some let me know what you need and I will see if I have it.

Buzz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts