El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been saving for a little while on parts to buy or another car. I have a chance to buy a 86 monte SS for 800 :cool: or I could use the money for a set of tubular headers and new heads for the elky :D . there are other things on my elky that I could work on like body and paint. The monte is a nice car that only needs new paint, a new flywheel, and the hood needs adjusting other than that is a very nice black beauty, and I really dont mind having another project. What do you guys think would be the best place to invest my money.

·
Registered
225 Posts
you could always send the cash to me :D ........or if you would want to be selfish buy the monte carlo. it sounds like a good project for only 800

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
eightysix said:
I have a chance to buy a 86 monte SS for 800.
Grab it quick, with a little work you could increase the investment multiple times...more cash for the El Camino! :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I think I will go for the monte it does sound like a good investment if I were to buy it and then fix it and then sell it or I could just keep it and add it to my collection. :lol:

·
Banned
881 Posts
Offer the guy $500 for the 86 MCSS. Then part it out on ebay and triple your money. Take your $1,800 and buy a new 350 crate motor for your Elky.

:D If only it were that simple.

·
Registered
492 Posts
hmmm.. that is a tuff one. i havent seen 800 dollars in a long long long time, and even that was through a neighbors window :( ... but anyway, i dont really like the 80's malibus, but even if i did, i think id still spend the money on the elky. why have two average cars when you can put all your money into the elky and have one bad ass car!!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did offer the guy 500, but he said he wouldn't go lower then 800. Then I talked to him for awhile and talked him down a nice 50 bucks :mad: The other side of me wants to spend my money on the elky, but my dad thinks that the monte would be a good investment, and he is willing to pay for half of it :) By the way if your noticing that I am using more smilies, its because I just figured them out :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts