·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from the floor it was ConneCted to between the intake and the disturbutor it was making a suCking noise so i Covered it

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If the vehicle is still running and has brakes, the only other thing I can thing of would be the gas tank vent to the charcol canister....and if thats it, I'd be wanting to get that thing in the air and look at what else might be rusted to the point of falling off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it wasnt ConneCted to the brake booster it was running. it was on the the floor draggin Car idling fine too

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so after all them mehcanics i went thur that my car was shutting off i fanilly got it it was that metal part dragging cause when i step on the gas car would turn off. so i covered it. and now when i step on it. it dont turn off :nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
what transmission do you have perhaps its from the Transmission Vacuum Modulator

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought the car off the guy that didnt take care of the car for 1000 so hey didnt gave me info on the trans

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
if memory serves correct look at the passengers side of trans to see if there is a place for that line to go to. are you experiencing shift issues?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nothing no shift issues what ever it was i took it off i remeber my car had running problems i take that off and blocked it off now my car runs fine now cause when i stepped on it my car useto turn off now that i take this off abd block off with rubber cap car running fine now it dont turn off when i step on it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after all that money i spent on parts i just had to remove that part and cover it we all happy now to upgrade my cam and going sunpro gauges too

·
Supporting Member
4,477 Posts
That line is probably the vacuum line to the shift modulator on the trans. If you can't get it to downshift when you step on the gas ( like when passing someone), then I think that's it. It's a very simple fix- just a piece of vacuum hose that runs from the manifold by the distributor down to a fitting on the passenger side of the trans.

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
That line by the flex plate is the transmission modulator line.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
X2,3,4 on the line to the modulator...sure looks like it.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The reason it runs better is that with it hanging there, you had a vacuum leak. When you capped it off, you eliminated the leak. The modulator will make the trans work properly, so I would recommend connecting it back up. I also would not be surprised if the modulator was bad and needed replacement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it was disconnected and i took it off now my car runs fine i was having problems with my car when i step on it driving it will turn off now that i take this off and put a rubber cap on it my car runs better now when i step on it driving it wont turn off. so if i have it off would this mess up anything?

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
It actually amazes me what a big world it is out there. You see something hanging/dragging under your car and instead of looking to see where or what it might connect to it is just removed. It is obvious that the factory took a lot of trouble to bend it exactly to fit around all this other stuff to get from point a to point b. To decide that it is not needed just blows my mind. It is awesome how the mind works. I guess that is what makes the world go around as they say. Good luck with your elky. I'm sure there are lots of other parts that aren't needed and you can make it lighter.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts