El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new elky owner. I've always liked them so i finally got one. I plopped 2 grand on a 78. It had a complete frame off resto in 98. Then the guy I bought it from went to the local NAPA and bought a 325 horse crate 350 and a TH350 and dropped them in the truck. The drive train has less than 6000 miles on it. He also put a Performer carb and intake and dual Flowmaster exhaust plus new liftime warranty breaks. I want to put some ground effects but I'm worried about clearance ( I live on a rough road ). Is there any way to boost the appearance without wasting money by having to replace it all?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Only you know how rough the roads are in your area. But here's a thought, know anyone in particular that has a low riding vehicle with ground effects that drives the same roads? A vehicle like maybe a Z-28 or a Trans Am or even a "gbcamaro78" or something similar? Do those vehicles bottom out on those roads? If so then more than likely yours will too with ground effects. You don't have to put on ground effects to boost the appearence, just look at some of the pics of some of the members cars here on ECC. There's a lot of great looking members cars and not all have ground effects. Use your imagination either way you decide to go.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You may want to check Lauren Eng. for ground effects kits they have some that are not very low to the ground but really do look pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts