El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start this off , in 1965 I bought a 1955 Chevy 2 door post 6 cyl stick , my first NEW Chevy was a 1967 Camaro 327 PG & my first El Camino was a 1969 small block V8 4 speed I bought in 1978 & my current Elky is a 1986 SS I bought in 2009 . I'm not sure if this is in the right place but let's hear from you .

·
Registered
88 Posts
past chevys

Had a '54 belair, 2 door hard top then a '64 impala convertable, that was way back when, lol!!

·
Senior Member Site Supporter
340 Posts
1963 Impala , some guy "T" Boned us and totaled it in 67, then a new 1972 1/2 ton Eagle By Chev. Had been on the lot for 6 months ,no one wanted it with an Eagle decal running down each side. I traded my 63 Int'l Travelall and gave them 1600. for it plus told them I needed a back bumper and my radio out of my travelall. And I left with all together in one day..I put some hard miles on that PU. plus used it as a welding rig in the logging hills , then construction, and sold it for 1900.
:banana: Best darn thing I ever had, now have an 02' HD Siverado 6 liter and that ever famous El Camino, once a Chevy guy always..

·
Registered
844 Posts
Question

1963 Impala , some guy "T" Boned us and totaled it in 67, then a new 1972 1/2 ton Eagle By Chev. Had been on the lot for 6 months ,no one wanted it with an Eagle decal running down each side. I traded my 63 Int'l Travelall and gave them 1600. for it plus told them I needed a back bumper and my radio out of my travelall. And I left with all together in one day..I put some hard miles on that PU. plus used it as a welding rig in the logging hills , then construction, and sold it for 1900.
:banana: Best darn thing I ever had, now have an 02' HD Siverado 6 liter and that ever famous El Camino, once a Chevy guy always..
Question, was 63 impala an X frame? just wondering since it got the T?

Me, bought a 73 malibu and converted it to a S3 Laguna. I'm guessing parts of it are still off in the woods behind that tree. Bet the tree is still there too

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
Not only Chevy but my first car was a 76 Malibu station wagon. I've had seventeen other Malibus, Chevelles, and El Caminos since!

·
Registered
557 Posts
AHHHH, the memories, first chevy bought and also was the first vehicle owned. In 1980 @ age 16, a preacher was selling his dads 1967 C/10, it was behind the barn, with bales of hay in,on and all around it. Bought it for $350, after a few more paychecks i splurged and bought a sparkomatic am/fm cassette. Couldnt afford a glasspack so i ended up by punching holes in the muffler and the need for sound was cured! lol

·
Elkybuick
2,805 Posts
At 14 I bought a 1953 two door sedan with a bad engine never did fix it. then a 50 two door sedan a 54 4 door a 55 two door hardtop and while in the service a 55 2 dr hardtop and two door sedan and 4 door sedan the a 60 two door sedan then a 1964 Impala when I return home from the service which was t boned in the pass door some time later the list goes on several Malibu's.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
My first car was a 10 year old 1970 Impala Custom...red with black vinyl roof and black interior.

As others have, I too have owned many, many other GM vehicles...but has always been GM.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Traded a 64' Cadillac Hurse for a '70 Nova, silver, black vinyl top, 307 which would KILl any of the current day 327's. I wish I still had it...

·
Site Contributor, Suppporting Member, Deputy Direc
289 Posts
First was a '55 2-dr htp, 283 bored to 301, dual 4bbl, 4spd, 4.11 rear. Second was my "sleeper" (even had a carpeted "bed" in the back) - a "stock looking" '56 Nomad with a home built Vette FI 327 and kitted automatic.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK , my turn again , besides the 67 Camaro I bought new , I also bought new a 75 Chevy van 350/350 ,76 Monte Carlo , 83 Malibu wagon , 96 Lumina , 00 Silverado , which I still own & a 61 Impala Convertible I bought in 66 . Oh I forgot , I had a 54 Austin Healey 100 with a 265 V8 , a poor man's Cobra back in 65 .

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
My first was a green with white top 51 2 door sedan. then a 64 4 dr biscayne from Suburban Propane (red with yellow top) drove it to college. got out of the service and bought a 65 4 dr hard top Impala which I quickly traded for a 65 2 dr Impala, 300 horse 327 with 4 speed and factory tach. Traded it on my first new one, a 72 Impala custom coupe 350/350. And the beat goes on - and on - and on.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
If you were in Orange County on the early '80s, you probably followed me in my '62 Corvette with a Keith Black 302+ DZ.

Nothing extra that would add weight, like bumpers, grill, radio, etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
At high school graduation in 69 I bought a 64 Malibu SS convertible with under dash AC. :cool2: Tore it up in a few years like most kids

·
Registered
150 Posts
A `67 Impala SS. This was in 1973. After blowing up 3 engines in my `67 GTO and was getting married soon so I figured I better tone things down a bit. The Impala had a 283/pg and wouldn't get out of it's own way but at least I never got any tickets with it. Never blew it up, either.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts