El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first El Camino, a 1983 Conquista. Body is in good condition, but need to re-do interior. When looking for accessories, do I look only for 1983 elky, or are there other models, years, vehicles, etc. that accessories are interchangeable with my 1983?

· Registered
2,722 Posts
Most interior parts will swap right from 78-87. For dash and door panels you could even look at the Malibu or Monte of this generation. For that matter lower door panels from most any Gbody (Cutlass, Monte, etc) would work.

Oh and welcome to the site!

· Registered
358 Posts
Deanna, Similar to the above post, 78 thru 81 are somewhat different in interior design and some exterior trim. Example; the 1981 has a different 'vertical type' Grille, use the basic idea that 1982 thru 1987 is a sure bet, (with the exception of the Choo Choo nose). - George
:nanawrench:

· Registered
11,513 Posts
awwww geeeez, another texan

oh well, :Welcome!:

if you need parts, ask on here first, Donny may have taken something else apart to fix it and have parts left over again.

you know he tried to be a cowboy when he was younger, but it didn't work out

Attachments

· Registered
1,708 Posts
A Big Welcome from Dublin Texas. A lot of the 1987 - 1987 G body parts or interchangeable, even if they don't look exactly a like. Like you could put a Pontiac Grand Prix dash or door panels in you El Camino.:texas:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.