El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,268 Posts
What is the best route to run the wires from the Sniper EFI system to the fuel tank?
mine follow the fuel supply line all the way back and are covered with loom. I also grounded the fuel pump all the way up to the battery instead of just to the body/frame. not absolutely necessary mind you but it ensures a proper ground.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,268 Posts
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Above you can see the pump wiring, in its plastic loom connecting to the holley retrofit pump.
Light Hood Automotive tire Tire Lighting

In this image you can see the supply line (top) - the wiring (middle) and the reused supply now acting as the return. This picture is taken just in front of the lower rear control arms just before the frame kick-up.

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My GBody fuel pump and sender plug has 3 lines in the plug. How do I get this to work? I was hoping the plug in from the Sniper EFI would have a way to plug it in from 1 plug. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,268 Posts
My GBody fuel pump and sender plug has 3 lines in the plug. How do I get this to work? I was hoping the plug in from the Sniper EFI would have a way to plug it in from 1 plug. Any ideas?
Presumably the three wires are pump 12v - pump ground - and level sender. I would just connect the pump wires from the sniper to the old connector. Let the sender wire continue to go where it goes

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t have an older connection for the pump and sending unit The electric pigtail has 3 connections. Will the Holley Sniper EFI pigtail plug into it? If it will and the tank sender wire to the fuel gauge , will have to plug in here also. I was hoping that there would be a pigtail that would plug in and everything would work. I hope I’m not misunderstanding what you are saying.

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a picture of the electrical fitting on the fuel tank for the fuel pump.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Bicycle wheel

Where can I get a fitting to connect the Sniper EFI to this fitting? I hope I can find one that would let me add the fuel gauge wire connector to it.

·
Registered
1979 El Camino (yellow), 1979 El Camino (blue)
134 Posts
Where can I get a fitting to connect the Sniper EFI to this fitting? I hope I can find one that would let me add the fuel gauge wire connector to it.
That's a three pin Weather Pack connector. You can buy them on Amazon. You'll take two of the wires from the connector you add, and run them to the battery ground and whatever supplies power for the fuel pump. The third wire is the sender wire, and it runs into the passenger compartment via a connector at the rear of the driver side behind the seat pan. There should already be a sender wire at the tank for the factory sender, so connect that to the third wire on your connector.

Reactions: 78 Elk

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thank you , that's a very good plan. I have a ground and a power wire for the fuel gauge for my old fuel gauge. The Sniper has 1 wire that has to go to the pump. I'll have to check out the weather Pack connector and see if it will work with the connector at the fuel tank. I'll have to run a second ground from the battery. Where is the best place to put the weather Pack connector,in front of the tank or the back of the tank?

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
M
Here's a picture of the electrical fitting on the fuel tank for the fuel pump. View attachment 150738
Does anyone know where I can get connector plugs into this one?

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for your help. I don't know what brand that I pictured. I didn't see any name on it. I'll order it and see if they are compatible.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
mine follow the fuel supply line all the way back and are covered with loom. I also grounded the fuel pump all the way up to the battery instead of just to the body/frame. not absolutely necessary mind you but it ensures a proper ground.
Running dedicated negative wires does a lot more than most think. The automotive electric system, on a good day, is very weak at best. As if 12 volts isn't bad enough but then mix D.C.into it and you're fighting an uphill battle.

Use #10 stranded or get a roll of flat bonding strap, run it along the frame rail with a self-tapping, stainless, zip screw with a brass fender washer through the middle every so often. I run it all over the place but nice and straight. I start at the battery and end at the rear bumper.

AC/DC Wire And Supply | eBay Stores

1 - 20 of 22 Posts