El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory air suspension in the back of my 75 elky, and i want to replace those because they leak. I want to keep the air suspension, but i do not know what brand i should be looking at. I need to replace suspension all around and i want to stay with the stock height.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
You can get some good gas shocks for a chevelle wagon and get the air bags that go inside the rear springs. Just keep the bags barely inflated and you'll have a good stable ride. If you need to haul something or pull a trailer, add air to the bags. I think you can use the existing airline to connect to the valve. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
I put the Air-Lift coil springs asset bags on my 84 & they ride awsome !!

·
Registered
769 Posts
I redid my entire suspension including the Airlift bags with great results. I keep them at 7 lbs (minimum is 5 lbs).Use the new lines because they're new and easy to install. As far as ride height new springs will take some time to settle down to the original height.

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,580 Posts
I went the same route with my '87, KYB premium monotube shocks, Moog Cargo coils out back with AirLift bags. With the Cargo coils, the stance is ideal without any support from the airbags. i just added them in case I have to handle a load. The ride and cornering ability is unbelievably better than with the air shocks. I'm still mad at myself for not making the move years ago.

Bill

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great guys. Ill check out some of your suggestions and add them to my "To buy" list.:nanawrench:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts