El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two people shot in Philadelphia school gym just happened moments ago.

What is going on?

Where are these kids getting the guns from?

Horrible! I could not imagine bringing a child into this world these days.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
These days? As opposed to which days?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
you take away parental rights you tell us not to hit a child when hes wrong you tell them that its ok to be different and that you can express yourself however you want, you take the fear of God outta the kids and then you kill yourself to spoil your kids and give them everything you destroy the old fashioned values and then ask what is wrong with todays youth? perhaps this is a dose of WAKE UP AMERICA

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I told-

Kids today have no respect. They are given everything they want. If they don't get it they throw a fit with comments I never get anything or you don't love me any more or I'll kill my self, no one cares just to get what they want. I always told my 7 children if you know its wrong or the big one if you know I won't approve of it, DON'T DO IT. I only gave my kids things for good or deserving acts & on the same line I took things away for bad behavior. If some one came along and told me that I can't disapline my kids, then I would tell them to load them in there car, take them home & YOU put up with ther crap.

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,092 Posts
Two people shot in Philadelphia school gym just happened moments ago.

What is going on?

Where are these kids getting the guns from?

Horrible! I could not imagine bringing a child into this world these days.
That's what my parents said when I was growing up, all the hippies, protests, shootings!

Nothing much is different, just the media plasters it all across the news, immediate communication, and you say I could not imagine bringing a child into this world these days.

Terrible things have always happened, blame the media for making it all front page news minutes after it happens.

When my kids cried because they did not get what they wanted, I told them stop or I would give them something to cry about. They now have children of their own and know how to raise them! Not cry babies, carry their own weight, and my grandchildren are just good kids! PITA all the way, but good kids.

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,092 Posts
Sorry man! Did not mean to go off like that......

Just aggravates me when someone blames the kids, not the adults........kids are like puppies, have to condition them as to what is acceptable and un-acceptable behavior.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry man! Did not mean to go off like that......

Just aggravates me when someone blames the kids, not the adults........kids are like puppies, have to condition them as to what is acceptable and un-acceptable behavior.
No problem Bruce. I understand completely where you are coming from.
I raised my son as a single mom and so many people told me how bad my son was going to be when he got older.
But he actually turned out pretty good, in the Army and doing great! I am very proud of him.
Not all parents want to put forth the effort to raise their kids so they push them out onto the streets to fend for themselves. It's sad.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
When we were kids (showing my age), we didn't have video games that allowed us to click a mouse and shoot people and blow up cars and entire countries. Our worse cartoons were a coyote dropping an Acme safe on a road runner. Also, when I was doing something wrong, I knew which end of the tree switch was going to be used on my bottom side. Teachers could discipline their students if necessary. Nowadays, the authorities would be called immediately. I totally agree that some, not all, children are not taught any manners or respect for others. Being forced to eliminate God and his teachings from our schools hasn't helped either. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
:agreed: Rustbucket and BAS-Jr. You both are absolutely correct.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Parents need to do things with their kids. Computer time 60 min. play time after homework and room is clean. Weekends are spent together outside not on the couch.

BOTH PARENTS NEED TO STAY ON THE SAME PAGE TOGHTHER. NOT YES/NO IT'S YES/YES OR NO/NO.

KIDS LEARN QUICK HOW TO PLAY BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE TO GET WHAT THEY WANT!!!!

HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR KID TODAY AND SAY I LOVE YOU??? TRY IT YOU MAY BE SUPERIZED WHAT HAPPENS???????​

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
I have two boys, 30 and 35. ( and a younger wife on 2nd time around)
The oldest had to learn the hard way a few times, but then settled down, got married, and we have a little girl grandchild, almost 4, the light of our life !

Kids are never the same.
The youngest one loved school from the very first day. He is finishing up his desertation for his PHD at U of Hawaii. He has studied Chinese for 9 or more years been to China 9 times,
and translates papers etc.

But...the young one was quick tempered and stubborn, and got some capitol punishment from me a number of times as a kid. Maybe it helped !

Like said, not two kids in the same family are necessarily alike

·
Site Contributor Supporting Member
2,531 Posts
I don't know Patty,:dontknow: But I just don't think removing a Parents right to discipline a child, or by political correctness trying to remove God from our Vocabulary is helping at all.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I don't know Patty,:dontknow: But I just don't think removing a Parents right to discipline a child, or by political correctness trying to remove God from our Vocabulary is helping at all.

Get out hot wheels track they will learn real quick. Soap in the mouth for bad language and the belt across the bottom pants down optional is fine in my book I turned out ok so far.

What are you supposed to do lock them in their room and say don't do it again. RIGHT THAT REALLY WORKS.

They probably have a computer or phone they use to text their friends saying nothing happened I'm in my room "What's Up"

I bet you getting put on restriction isn't enforced anymore?????

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Yep

Get out hot wheels track they will learn real quick. Soap in the mouth for bad language and the belt across the bottom pants down optional is fine in my book I turned out ok so far.

What are you supposed to do lock them in their room and say don't do it again. RIGHT THAT REALLY WORKS.

They probably have a computer or phone they use to text their friends saying nothing happened I'm in my room "What's Up"

I bet you getting put on restriction isn't enforced anymore?????
Yep! True oh so true!

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,574 Posts
We have a problem here at the moment with 'king hitting' where a kid will walk up and punch another whilst he is unaware.That kid is knocked out before he hits the ground and when he does drop he cracks his head on the concrete footpath.The victim dies and the hitter walks free because 'he was drunk'
It's sad to see this,but the kids know they can get away with it.
Why they want to do it, I just don't get.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We have a problem here at the moment with 'king hitting' where a kid will walk up and punch another whilst he is unaware.That kid is knocked out before he hits the ground and when he does drop he cracks his head on the concrete footpath.The victim dies and the hitter walks free because 'he was drunk'
It's sad to see this,but the kids know they can get away with it.
Why they want to do it, I just don't get.
Moose, this is happening here in the US as well. I don't get it either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts