El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to what other El Camino owners drive. This is my first foray into building/customizing a car so my journey will be a slow, tedious, and I imagine painful one. Much love and appreciation to the folks on this board giving me help and insight as to how NOT to screw this up. Here's my daily driver. I call her my "Mistress"

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
My El Camino, unless I am moving somthing for someone or hauling a load of rock or dirt then its my work truck. Seem to drive that more often than not don't mind though. :beer:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
My El Camino is my driver however I do have a company vehicle for work, no personal use. For the past three years plus that has been a Chevy HHR panel. Said goodbye to it this past week. Now driving a Ford Transit Connect. Liking it so far.

·
Registered
388 Posts
For almost three years, my daily driver has been a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT. I bought the El Camino to replace it. As soon as I'm finished with a couple odds and ends on the Elky, the Ranger is GONE!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I drive my 64 Elky every day. I have two 64's and nothing else but my bride's car and my John Deere. I intend to drive my 64 forever, however long "forever" is. I don't want to ride in a plastic chariot.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
My daily driver? 1991 S10, 2.8 V6 5speed....the 26 MPG is what makes it the driver....
The inclement weather and road trip vehicle is my 95 Yukon....

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
whats your daily

My '84 is driven almost every day. I take trips to the bank, Post office, K-mart,etc. After last Saturday's Cruise nite , I had to stop by and pick up some milk from the local grocery store. As I walked out of the store , I see 2 ladies standing next to the Elky. First question, was it my truck. Second question, could the take pictures of it (camera phones). This was an addition boost to my ego, as I had placed in the top 25 in a local Car Show hours earlier. NOW that's why I drive my El Camino!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My '84 is driven almost every day. I take trips to the bank, Post office, K-mart,etc. After last Saturday's Cruise nite , I had to stop by and pick up some milk from the local grocery store. As I walked out of the store , I see 2 ladies standing next to the Elky. First question, was it my truck. Second question, could the take pictures of it (camera phones). This was an addition boost to my ego, as I had placed in the top 25 in a local Car Show hours earlier. NOW that's why I drive my El Camino!!
I checked out your gallery on the "other" site. Very nice. I like the viper -like side exhaust.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
That's what I'm talkin bout. With the motor I'm trying to build, I may end up in the same boat!

I'm in the parts game and Otis elevator was a good customer. I thought they got bought out by one of the other dealers.:dontknow:

My only ride is my El Camino had two cars and it was just a hassle. Never drove it much but sure did pay once a year so I sold it.

I picked this up at Pep Boys they were discontuining them so by the time the deal was done i paid a total $550.00 and 1-year no interest new!!!!!!!
Runs great. So i guess i still have two rides.:beer:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
what's your daily driver

Tony, the exhaust shields and chrome tips are Choo-Choo Custom items and fully functional.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts