El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend the other day about what all they have in their car or truck in case of a break down. They said they carry a basic jumper cable, duct tape, oil and coolant. However their father carries jumper cables, compressed air tank, brake fluid, power steering fluid, oil, coolant, a full array of wrenches, WD-40, tie downs, chains, spare tire of course and a few other miscellaneous things.:nanawrench:

I don't quite carry that much with me I have some oil, coolant, tie downs, spare tire and usually have a tool box with some wrenches, duct tape, pliers and what not (The only reason I say spare tire is I have friends who are into tuners sadly and they never carry a tire because of the weight which is just a bad idea to me). Just was curious to what everyone saw "important" in their personal break down experiences.:beer: May help me or others plan for something that could go wrong and put something in my box that could possibly fix the situation without calling a tow or friend to come help.

Be Prepared they say.

· El Camino Central Founder/Co-Founder N.E.C.O.A.
3,118 Posts
When I was much younger I carried just about everything but a front end alignment rack. I have spent many an evening, day and night on the side of the road or in parking lots fixing my old cars. Today it is much cheaper and less trouble to just maintain my AAA membership. However, on long hauls I carry a jumper box, spare tire a few fluids, a very basic tool box and my cell phone.

· Registered
257 Posts
i allways travel with all the basic tools screwdrivers wrenches pliers etc. spare tire is an option (depends where im going 4 way, maybe a jack, tow strap, oil, trans fulid fyi it can double as power steering fulid in an emergency, gas can and a road side reflective triangle ( allwasy good to have on a long or short trip ).

· VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,105 Posts
Tools sufficient to deal with AN fuel system and basic problems/adjustments.

My set of lock picks ( best way in the world to make new friends )

Hagerty Insurance Road Service

· Registered
2,075 Posts
Cell phone-----call tow truck
Even called a tow truck to pick up my Dodge and bring it home
when I picked up the Crown Victoria.

Can't drive 2 at once.

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
AAA is a must but I have upper/lower hoses, two belts,jumper's, small tool box with spark plug wire. And a 12-pack just in case on long hauls. Plus our new addition.

· Past Texas Director
6,191 Posts
You guys would die laughing if you could see everything I carry in my car JUST IN CASE!!
I have all of my tools, fire extinguisher, duct tape, jumper cables, jack, one wire hanger, towels, different gauge wire, fuses, light bulbs, hoses of different sizes, clamps, touch up paint, window cleaner, water, tranny fluid, oil, and chrome polish at all times IN my smugglers box!! It's like my traveling purse!! LOL!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.