·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i,m thinking about painting my wheels. any suggestuions on color

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
rally wheels? if so, a nice factory gray/silver always looks good...maybe body color the accents.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
We have the same wheels on my Son's 82, and we painted the wheels gloss black, and it looks great with the chrome looking trim accent pieces around each slot/opening, the beauty rings, and center caps.
The trim pieces on each of the wheel slots pop right off, very easily, and were a cinch to reattach, too.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Rallye wheels in original silver really look sharp on a white Elky. That would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We're thinking about painting Jesus (1983 Conquista) in 1972 Chevy Midnight Bronze Metallic. I also had the bright idea to powder coat the original ralleye wheels in gold then retain the original center cap and trim rings. Anyone here have experience with powder coating wheels?

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
powder coating is bulletproof....LITERALLY!!!

back in the 90s, I read an article in a biker magazine about powder coating. They powder coated a gas tank off a sportster, then shot it with a .38!!! of course it put holes in the tank, but the powder coating didn't chip or flake around the edges of the holes, just left neat little round holes in the tank.

As far as the gold color, you'll need to be more specific. They have several shades of gold, as well as gloss, semi-gloss, or flat. They even have a shiny gold that looks like gold plating over chrome.

I was looking to match some black paint, and was talking to one of the "paint guys" that did touch ups/paint repair at the auto auction when I worked there. He told me that he currently has the formulas for 19 different shades of black!!

who woulda thunk it !?!

:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. SILVER IT IS,will post pics when finished.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally got my wheels painted and new centers installed.I couldn't get the pictures to load but you can go to my garage and see them. Thanks to everyone for your responces.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts