El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would like to know also.....actually i NEED to know if there are any other places the vin number is located. I had to replace my firewall an in the process i lost my vin tag. If i dont find it im screwed unless there are any other places the vin is at.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Is the one under the windshield on the drivers side a waste? Might get a pencil rubbing off of it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The one under the windshield is MIA. I lost it when i swaped firewalls. I took it off the old firewall and was gonna put it on the new one but it got lost. The vin is on the title but it has to be on the car also to prove that title goes to that car. On some mustangs thay have a vin under one of the front fenders i think. If there is another location on the elky, that would save me

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Why do you need the title to match. you cold get one remade. In Florida when i got my plate they made a new one (at no cost) cause the old one was too old.
~hope this helps

·
Registered
278 Posts
you got a new vin tag made? Ill have to call the DMV and explain the situation to see what i have to do. Maybe they may know another place the vin is located. I have pictures for proof if they dont believe i had to swap firewalls. Thanx for the help guys

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's on the frame in a location that requires mirrors to see it (or you could cut a hole in the floorboard). Try checking the other G-body boards for a better explantion (I don't know the details).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts