El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1972 SS, and when I bought it whoever owned it before me replaced the blades with modern ones that don't go under the lip of the hood, and I am trying to restore it and have no idea where to get some originals?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The originals were Trico and until recently were available as ‘33-162’ part number. They appear to be discontinued but appear on Amazon. (And RockAuto by part number only(?)). Goodmark also reproduces them; I would think you could find them at Ecklers, Dixie, etc. or RockAuto has them.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
You’re welcome. It’s odd that the Tricos seem to be in and out of production, as do the Ancos. I also saw where Advance can get the Goodmarks shipped to the store (if they don’t pop up searching El Camino switch to Chevelle. ‘68-72 all the GM A bodies and 67-69 Camaros use them).

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Advance has access to a distribution network called WorldPac and can order anything you want if it is available in the system. The only problem is what it may cost you.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The one I got was an Anco. only in silver/grey . I rattle canned it black . It looks like it fits can't really tell teh difference from the original except for some small anco lettering

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a 1972 SS, and when I bought it whoever owned it before me replaced the blades with modern ones that don't go under the lip of the hood, and I am trying to restore it and have no idea where to get some originals?
Do they physically not fit or do they just stop short at the base of the windshield? If you have the wrong wiper motor or switch they will not park in the proper location below the hood line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts