El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you Joe. I need to hook the heater valve to one of the other 2 lines with out a T. Then put the other line into the ball and find a vacuum source for the big hole on the ball. The only situation doing it this way could be the best and air conditioning could be wrong. That was my concern to day that those could be going to the wrong place. This car is timed using manifold vacuum. This is a Holley Street Avenger, I think I'll try the port on the back of the carburetor. Again I appreciate the help from Neil, JJ and Joe in this situation.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Thank you Joe. I need to hook the heater valve to one of the other 2 lines with out a T. Then put the other line into the ball and find a vacuum source for the big hole on the ball. The only situation doing it this way could be the best and air conditioning could be wrong. That was my concern to day that those could be going to the wrong place. This car is timed using manifold vacuum. This is a Holley Street Avenger, I think I'll try the port on the back of the carburetor. Again I appreciate the help from Neil, JJ and Joe in this situation.
Yes, you are on a roll now! Good luck and let us know how it's going!

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes will do. Thanks again to all of you for your help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Anyone know the size of the vacuum line? I was goofing around yesterday and mine broke in two. Is it just a standard size hose?

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Just take the piece that broke off and head to the nearest auto supply and get a few feet of whatever size fits tight! That's the fun part about vacuum, the hoses suck together instead of blow apart!

Joe

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have 1 vacuum line coming from the back of the carb and hooked into the big hole on the ball. I now have air movement out of the center dash vents.

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks. I think the air flow will be better after I finish the wiring under the column. So I can get the vent installed in front of the steering column. I could feel cool and warm air depending what I had it set for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
see if you have vacuum thru the Vac ball then to the control panel,
those lines get brittle and crack/ break..

#1 is the vacuum connection from the Vacuum Ball
#2 is the double acting actuator on the duct for upper defrost, center vent, lower heat..

View attachment 129275
Hi I need help removing the actuator in this picture. How do I get it out? Help Help
Kayward

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I am trying to get to the one you have circled. But it looks like you took off the dashboard. How difficult was it to remove the dash? That is a big job for an amateur like me.
Thanks, KB

·
Registered
21 Posts
My big question, looks like you have to take the dash totally off to get to the actuator? Yes , No?
Tks, KB

21 - 33 of 33 Posts