El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the next year or so, I will be installing a crate engine or going with an ls engine, I will be pushing close to 400hp. I would like to stick with the 200-4r, and want to know of a good place to buy one that can take the abuse. I have heard of so many places like monster, extreme automatics, etc. Any recommendations? Thanks! :beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Check on the G Body Central and Malibu Racing sites. There are deals to be had. I'd ask TrannyMike if he knows of a good place. Even tho he's in taxifornia, there has to be some sort of "shop network" where the shop owners trade info on stuff like this. :dontknow:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check on the G Body Central and Malibu Racing sites. There are deals to be had. I'd ask TrannyMike if he knows of a good place. Even tho he's in taxifornia, there has to be some sort of "shop network" where the shop owners trade info on stuff like this. :dontknow:
Yeah, I might shoot TrannyMike a message later. Really don't trust too many transmissions shops around here, few that are very honest but I don't know about trusting them with a performance build, and I would probably spend less having one crated to me. If this was a low horsepower application I would buy one secondhand, although i'm ready to spend some money upfront and get it done right the first time (hopefully).

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Yeah, I might shoot TrannyMike a message later. Really don't trust too many transmissions shops around here, few that are very honest but I don't know about trusting them with a performance build, and I would probably spend less having one crated to me. If this was a low horsepower application I would buy one secondhand, although i'm ready to spend some money upfront and get it done right the first time (hopefully).
Smart move get it right the first time is the only way or it will .5c and .10c you to death.:beer:

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
If I had it all to do over again,I would get Tranny Mike to build mine ,if he would, even though he's slam across the country. At least you know its going to be done right ! Just my opinion, WP

·
Registered
782 Posts
Same here TrannyMike. I want to rebuild the 200r4 I am getting from Robert this Saturday. What would you charge to go through it completely. Also a shift kit. PM me.
RTT:smileyb:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at a stage 1 from extreme automatics, anyone have any experience with these guys?

I think it would be a little out of Mike's way to rebuild and crate a transmission for me.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So has anyone had any experience with Extreme Automatics? Any other transmission builders that build 200-4rs?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I could build these transmissions for anyone, but one thing I'd have to figure out is shipping. We don't do a lot of shipping. I'll work out a quote for a performance build for the heck of it. But it won't be until Monday or Tuesday. :beer:
HKDUP87 might have a handle on shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Better gear spread, but is the 200 as strong as a 700?? I've heard they aren't, but then both were stock.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Hey, Mike; I have a Turbo 400 that was behind 600+ but it has a manual valve; lot's of hardened stuff for durability and just sitting on the garage floor . Has stock gears.. Dale

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
ah, yeah i keep worrying that i am not gonna like the gear spread of this 700:dontknow:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts