El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's the best place to buy a new carpet kit from? I would like a good quality kit at a fare price . What color would you call this? I want a new kit for shows and I will use the one I have for daily driving.

Thanks
Robert

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert, Check out Eckler's El Camino Store at elcaminostore.com Ken
Did you buy one there? I bought a car cover there and had to return it under warranty and the replacement wasn't as good they changed the quality but didn't change the description in their book or price. I did get offered a full refund but kept it because I can't replace it for the price I paid. It's fine but not as good.
Thanks
robert

·
Registered
82 Posts
Robert, No I haven't bought one from there, but I would'nt let one bad experience stop me from trying them again. Just my opinion. Ken

·
Registered
198 Posts
Go to rockauto.com. They sell the ACC carpets that repro houses like OPGI sell… except for $40 cheaper. No tax for us here in Cali either. Then go to retailmenot.com and get the latest 5% off coupon code and it's $130 shipped from Rockauto vs $160 from OPGI. The OPGI price is without shipping AND tax.

ACC makes different grades too—you can get one similar to factory or up to a few grades plusher. I believe the color you want is "medium doeskin".

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Bought carpet for my '83 from National Parts Depot and am completely satisfied. www.nationalpartsdepot.com

I'm not an expert, just a satisfied customer.:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,306 Posts
I got mine through OPGI http://www.opgi.com/
..its local too.. 1770 Saturn Way
Seal Beach, CA 90740
..well,not that local,but close,about 20 miles as the crows fly...
:beer:

·
Supporting Member
4,524 Posts
x2 on stockinteriors ( ACC Carpets there too). IIRC, they sent me samples of the colors I was interested in so I could make an informed choice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
X3 on stockinteriors. The color samples are great. I also got my headliner from them. I was on vacation in Florida at the time and had them shipped there. Great co-operation.

Richard

·
Registered
449 Posts

X4. I got mine there. Bought a kit which included molded carpet with insulation already attached where it was from at factory, a new cargo curtain, and the two pieces of carpet that go at the bottom of the door panels.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like i'm x5

thanks
robert

·
Registered
929 Posts
Got mine from stock interiors, I gave them a call and they went out of their way to send me carpet samples, I was replacing all the carpet and the curtain, so I chose the shade of gray that looked the best.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks I will scope them all out.:beer:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19