El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some new window guides. They are the little pieces with felt that attach on the top of the door under the door panel and essentially help keep the window held out. There are 2 on each door, a longer one and smaller one, and each have one little bolt that hold them on. Ive looked at el camino store and dixie monte carlo but no luck. Anybody know where I can get some new ones.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Im looking for some new window guides. They are the little pieces with felt that attach on the top of the door under the door panel and essentially help keep the window held out. There are 2 on each door, a longer one and smaller one, and each have one little bolt that hold them on. Ive looked at el camino store and dixie monte carlo but no luck. Anybody know where I can get some new ones.
Sometimes the description needs a little help with pictures. Snap a few to help us out..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this online........ive lost one of the small ones. But all 4 that I have/had are extremely worn out on the felt part. Cant seem to find the felt to replace if I could find all mine. But would prefer to just replace with new ones.

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
For the felt, go buy yourself some Velcro tape and use the soft side to cover the area of the the window guide you need.
I have done this with success.
Another great idea!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Quick window guide question:
Can somebody tell me what is the correct position for the guides? In my El Camino:

On the drivers side door the wider one was positioned in the middle of the door and the narrow one was positioned towards the rear of the door, close to the lock knob.

On the passenger side door they were mounted the other way around.

What is that the correct position for them?

IMG_3715.jpg

·
Registered
172 Posts
I hope you got a good answer to your question. It is unfortunate that I had not seen this thread before now, because I have just finished doing a power window and door lock conversion on the passenger side door, and last night got the door panel back on again.
I did not happen to make a note of their forward or rear positions.
I plan on doing the other door soon, so i will look closely at that one.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I hope you got a good answer to your question. It is unfortunate that I had not seen this thread before now, because I have just finished doing a power window and door lock conversion on the passenger side door, and last night got the door panel back on again.
I did not happen to make a note of their forward or rear positions.
I plan on doing the other door soon, so i will look closely at that one.
Thanks 5spd, appreciate your feedback.
Just went thru the power window conversion myself. Did the relay mod on the passenger side. Highly recommend it-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts