El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or maybe new bezel and blinkers and headlights and marker lights from 81 ??

Because i am having one heck of a time finding the bezels and marker lights for my 78

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Could i buy the 81 bezel and 81 marker lights and use the headlights i have now ?? or would the bezel fit ??
The headlights will fit these bezel years however the 81 bezel is different as it blends into the lines of the 81 grill only .78-79 bezels interchange with the grill as there were only minor design differences. The 80 grill will not interchange with other years ,although the 81 grill and bezels will match the header panel with on 78-81 models with only a few minor mounting screw differences.
I changed out my 80 for the 81 pieces with little difficulties. The 81 grill como was available at Dixie Monte for less than $100. None of the suppliers had a new 80 grill, but the majority of thse comps had lots avail for 82-87. A simple matter of vehicle production numbers I suppose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I will have these bezels available from my 79 when I get the header panel changed to the 1980 setup I just got recently. Not sure how long before I get the work done, or if it's going to be too much trouble because of distance to you. Just a thought though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts