Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this snorkel type breather/air cleaner with my 80 but I'm thinking about using it on the 68
I will have to sand and paint the middle of it from the 80s hood rubbing on it.
Which way would you go?:dontknow:
Old school with the Yellow Rose decal

or modern (snorkel) type?

Ya'll tell me.
Donny

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i like the old school look, not sure if that other one would help it breath a lil better:dontknow:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Tough call. I like them both, BUT I think I like the old school look for the Yellow Rose a little more. Will that snorkel set up fit on mine? and if so, wanna sell it?

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..I like the modern one,looks like ram air set up..almost..and,If abnything,with those yellow air filters,get some graphics done on the snorkel,like a "rose" stem,that way it will look like a couple of roses under the hood....jmo..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
That two sided thing looks like it's just asking for some heated air coming from the exhaust. That would be good on a cold morning, after that, not so much.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That twin nostril thing is just fugly.

Looks like a caped buffalo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Go old school. Those filters will most definitely be sucking in some real heat off the manifolds/headers. Now if you put some hoses on and ran it like an old school W30 442, that might work!!!
suks2bu37:nanawrench:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
caring what other people think...........turn in your texas accent, you're done!

:poke: :texas:

·
0 Posts
Keep it classy with the old school one. Hey Terry,STAY AWAY FROM MY BREATHER!:poke:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Old school. I dont think that would look as good as the ild school due to the year of your elky

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I,d highly consider the twin snorkel, BUT I'd add tubing to get the 2 air filters up front, possibly into the front fenderwells & out of plain sight where they cold get true cold air. Cold as texas ambient temp at least.. Spectre is the main supplier of what you'd need.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
go mod. but run the tubes up to the rad. sport then cut holes so the filters can get cool air the old wat you did a 14by3 filterat least

·
Registered
397 Posts
If the new school was a RAMJET that would increase air flow id say go with that... but its just a dual short ram cold air intake.. Booooooo... it looks like a teenagers car... was that a japanese V8 in it? :poke: is it? ......... is it reallly :poke:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Old school definitely. The only way the dual snorkel would even benifit you would be if you ran dual hoses to the grill. And that wouldnt be the clean look your shootin for on an older cruck. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts