El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm wanting to switch over from a two piece speedometer cable with cruise control to a single cable (with sheath) and eliminate the cruise control (which doesn't work properly when it does work).

Do any of you know the proper length of a single cable for an Elky without cruise would be and where I can buy one? Mine is an 82 model with a 350 transmission.
Mine current cable just clips onto the speedometer and screws onto the tranny.

I've been looking at different websites for a cable and have seen several but I don't know the length it should be and some have cables WITH adaptor and some WITHOUT adaptor. What adaptor are they talking about and do I need one?:dontknow:

Thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I measured the approximate length of my two piece cable, and went to my NAPA Store and bought a cable and sheath. It and my cruise work just fine.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
84 and newer use a different cruise that doesnt use the fender mounted transducer. i have the old one from my 86 i will measure it and post in a few

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the stock one from my 86 with a 200r4 was 84 in. seems it was about 35$ from chevy. the same cable will work with a 350

1 - 4 of 4 Posts