El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Austin TX on 1/10/2021

you should see the video I took of the idiots driving around with no headlights, snow on side mirrors and rear windows. at 1 point it was falling so thick and fast you couldn't see the painted road lines.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
People in Tx don't know how to drive in snow. We don't get enough practice.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Yea, we got it here in northwest Louisiana. Me and the neighbor kids are building snow people later today!!

Rick

·
Registered
399 Posts
Being originally from Pennsylvania I know what snow can add to your life. After living in Florida for many years I sort of miss snow. However, Having to live and work in it is something I never want to do again. I do enjoy short visits where I can enjoy the cold and the snow as much or as LITTLE as I care to. At my age snow has given me many pleasant memories as well as some not so pleasant. Someone please build a snowman and post a picture for those of us who miss snow.
R/T

·
Registered
1978 Elcamino base 305
35 Posts
Retired from New Jersey to Myrtle Beach South Carolina so I would NOT have to deal with the "White Fluffy Stuff".
Enjoy the snow man ........

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being originally from Pennsylvania I know what snow can add to your life. After living in Florida for many years I sort of miss snow. However, Having to live and work in it is something I never want to do again. I do enjoy short visits where I can enjoy the cold and the snow as much or as LITTLE as I care to. At my age snow has given me many pleasant memories as well as some not so pleasant. Someone please build a snowman and post a picture for those of us who miss snow.
R/T
I think that was an exact representation of my feeling. I want to live in it but not too much. The worst part of it is when there is no sunshine all winter long to go with the snow. Just constant overcast is depressing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know snow. My dad and I used to Walk out my second story bedroom window just to start shoveling a hallway to the front door. Then to Australia and then Florida, where the only snow comes in a cone at the 7-11. Now I'm sitting in the garage in Tennessee looking at 3" of fluffy stuff sitting on my baby.

It's like a retro-nightmare...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know snow. My dad and I used to Walk out my second story bedroom window just to start shoveling a hallway to the front door. Then to Australia and then Florida, where the only snow comes in a cone at the 7-11. Now I'm sitting in the garage in Tennessee looking at 3" of fluffy stuff sitting on my baby.

It's like a retro-nightmare...

·
Registered
399 Posts
cybrray where are the snowman pictures?

·
Registered
399 Posts
ha ha

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm coming a little late to the party but when I lived in PA. I had a 1966 Buck Wildcat, nice big car. In winter I would leave the house and at the top of the hill behind our house I would pull up turn the wheels into the curb and slide down to the bottom. You had to wait your turn as the traffic at the bottom of the hill was waiting to pull out into the heavy traffic on a major highway. Those were the fun times but it taught you how to drive in winter. Now in southern Texas we only have to deal with the warm sun.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Where did you live in PA

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am from the Bloomsburg / Danville area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts