El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
..you know,I was just thinking,how many of you guys let your better half,wife,girlfriends or a mistress, drives your El Camino ??...:dontknow:

....going.....:poke:

....Going...:poke:

...Gone...:driving:

........I hope she don't forget the Beer..!?!?...:eek3::beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
luckily my wife doesnt care for it . just breaks my heart. she says its too hard to control the speed in it oh darn.now my daughter is too much like me so she has to keep out of it

·
Registered
358 Posts
Oh Hey, My wife loves to drive mine,.. she claims everyone looks her way while going down the highway or to the store. Only problem is when it needs gas, I get the keys again. Go figure,..:: George :???:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
My wife is content to ride in mine, and when I get all the bugs worked out (if that is possible) I'll let her drive it. I want to make suremitmis dependable enough first:nanawrench:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Does she get gas?

Hey but Randy, If it needs fuel does she pull in & fill 'er up? Or at least we've got to give them the credit card, Right?

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Just so I'm included in a Gilby thread---:poke:
I don't have a wife since I AM the wife, but I do have a husband, and NOBODY drives my Carlos 'cept me! (with the ONLY exception being if it's being worked on and Roy has to drive it.) LOL!
My husband refuses to drive it because he says I'm too picky and he wouldn't want to get it dirty or park it where I wouldn't want it parked. :dontknow: (don't know where he comes up with that stuff!!)
I AM hoping to get him to take it down the track at least one time next month, though.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a wife since I AM the wife, but I do have a husband, and NOBODY drives my Carlos 'cept me! (with the ONLY exception being if it's being worked on and Roy has to drive it.) LOL!
My husband refuses to drive it because he says I'm too picky and he wouldn't want to get it dirty or park it where I wouldn't want it parked. :dontknow: (don't know where he comes up with that stuff!!)
I AM hoping to get him to take it down the track at least one time next month, though.
...My Bad,It should be "Guys & Gals" ..:beer:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry 'bout that,...

Yes, Ma'am Mrs. Gilby, Sorry 'bout that. But the fact is that my woman refuses to gas my Camino, but loves to drive it. Similar to the other post,.. Guys ~n Gals
George :yell:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
My girlfriend can barely drive her automatic DD, never mind my Elco

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
My girlfreind try to drive it she got it started did back it out to the street put it in drive it started to die give it to much gas and it came a live it got away from her she stop it about 20 feet got out and never wants to get behide the wheel again by be i should put a stock motor back in it? i dont think so

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
My wife has twice landed on and was catapulted off an aircraft carrier in a plane , been at the helm of a 100 + ft. military , jet powered ship while up on hydrofoils at max speed , gone hot air ballooning and souring several times but will NOT drive my El Camino ! Go figure ??

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
^Great to see you back on ECC, Mark. My wife has never driven mine and unless she get's any taller, will not. With a bench seat and a four speed, the seat is all the way back. The shift handle comes within about a inch of the seat in second and fourth gear. No way she can get the clutch to the floor. Aside from that I'm sure she would love to, she drove a 396 Chevelle in high school.

·
813 Posts
3 of us drive.....ME, MYSELF & I .........my kid would wrap it around a pole if he drove it and my wife has not even been in the passenger seat yet...lol

She says " Its to loud " Ha

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Too many pedals under the dash for her to really want to.

She did attempt to take the Ranchero for a spin not long after I got it.

"You can keep this tiny piece of crap!!!!!"
She was not too impressed with the lack of power brakes and steering.

Granted, that car is a bit tight for both of us, but I still enjoy it---despite the not wanting to stay in 2nd gear. Recently picked up a set of disc brakes for it----with the drums, I have no idea where it will go when I step on the brakes.

When her broken arm heals up, she might give the 66 a spin----might even drive it out to where she works a time or two (MAX security prison about 100 miles away).

She is not too interested in the 59----that car is a bit high strung for her.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I do. No one else has driven it. My bride needs an automatic to drive. My friends would take it out and beat on it. I had to fight with the guy @ the alignment shop so I could drive it onto the alognment rack. It's a personal thang!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Of all my cars, the elky is my wife's favorite. I let her drive it whenever she wants. Although after the recent repaint, she tells me I "ruined" it because now she has to worry about where it's parked.
People at her job get a big kick of it when she shows up all dressed up driving it!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts