El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has the Elky with the lowest original miles...
How low is low ??? :dontknow:

Just turned 42,000 on my 79SS

And who has the highest mileage Elky?

Arnie in Iowa

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
low miles

My 77 has about 32K on her, I'm pretty sure that's correct because the ball joints are original. If we decide to get serious about this, my Elky is 35 years old so it has an average of 915 mi/yr.
Lets hear from the rest of you guys, bound to be some real low mileage out there somewhere.
bill

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
E-Man is probably gonna take this one with his pace sar.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Region 2 in New England is gonna claim that title. We have a member in Livermore, Maine named Eric Byron (Eggibba) who owns a 1987 GMC Caballero purchased new by his father -- with still less than 50 actual miles! He is going to trailer it down to Lee Speedway this Friday for our event. I'll try to get him to post his own update here soon.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Region 2 in New England is gonna claim that title. We have a member in Livermore, Maine named Eric Byron (Eggibba) who owns a 1987 GMC Caballero purchased new by his father -- with still less than 50 actual miles! He is going to trailer it down to Lee Speedway this Friday for our event. I'll try to get him to post his own update here soon.
I believe that is this Caballero:

http://www.elcaminocentral.com/gallery.php?g2_itemId=78386

Ill admit I don't drive my pace car that often, but with 1,500 original miles on the clock it does get driven enough to keep all of the moving parts in good condition. Every other weekend it gets started, run around the block a few times, and I make sure to operate all of the systems (AC, wipers, strobe lights, all gears in the trans, etc). You have to run these things to keep them healthy.

Ill take a stab at the highest mileage category...my 1983 Super Sport has 352,XXX miles on the clock.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
My 87 has 315,950 as of right now. Never had the heads or oil pan off. Original timing chain. I put 150 miles per day on it commuting to work. It has never left me stranded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts