El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working under my 80 when I hit my head on the cross member, as I jerked my head away I then smacked the ground with it ( hence the double bump!)
I found the sceond bump always hurts more than the first!!!!:let_it_all_out:
Anyone?
Donny

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Can't remember after the second or was that the third bump?:dontknow::dontknow:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
This explains everything!:nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Double bump huh ? How about a double bump & sizzle ?
years ago before migs I was doing some repairs on my exhaust under a car which I don't even remeber , anyway I was using a oxy/acl gas tourch brazing away on the pipe ,the tourch popped and a piece of brass shot into my ear!!! Smashed my head on the frame then bounce off the floor tired to roll onto my side and smacked into a jackstand !!! Finally got out from under the car with a good old sizzling sound in my ear !! Stood up damn near fell over the trash can--ran over to the water facuet
and put the sizzle out . To this day I always think about this little event when ever I'm gonna do welding or cutting under anything. Damn did that hurt-- brings back a little pain just typing about it !!!!
Gee ain't workin on cars fun ??:yell::yell:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I was at my sisters visiting once, and went out to leave in my beater 72 C 10. It was november (in cenral ILL), so I wasn't surprised that the windows were fogged. I opened the door to get in, and the seat burst into flame. seems I had lost the fire out of my cigarette, and it sat there and smoldered while I was in visiting, when I opened the door, the rush of oxygen caused it to burst into flame.

So I ran for the house to get some water. Took 2 steps (by now I'm running full blast) and tripped over a large chunk of firewood. Fell face 1st into another piece of firewood and cut my forehead, almost knocking myself out in the process.

I wobbled up to the house, ran in yelling "my trucks on fire. I need something that holds water" my sister and her family looked up to see a wild man yelling with blood running down his face.

I dumped the potato chips my niece was eating out of the bowl (onto the living room floor) and ran into the kitchen to fill it with water. (It was one of those giant chip bowls)

I ran for the front door, and ran right into my brother in law, spilling all the water on both of us, and then gravity deposited it on top of the potato chips I had just thrown on the floor.

My brother in law handed me a fire extinguisher, which I used to put out the seat in my truck, which had now burned downed to the springs.

cost for this visit to my sisters:

a large bleeding lump on my forehead
broke my glasses
burned up the seat in my truck
inside of all the truck glass covered in yellow greasy soot
soaked my brother in law with water
put the rest of his family in shock
created a large mess (incl soggy potato chips) in the middle of their living room
freaked the dog out big time
had to borrow a throw pillow to sit on, since the truck seat was down to the springs
right foot/toes were sore for a week from where I kicked the first piece of firewood

It's always an adventure when uncle Mark comes!

(my smart aleck nephew said it looked like the 3 stooges)

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
I was at my sisters visiting once, and went out to leave in my beater 72 C 10. It was november (in cenral ILL), so I wasn't surprised that the windows were fogged. I opened the door to get in, and the seat burst into flame. seems I had lost the fire out of my cigarette, and it sat there and smoldered while I was in visiting, when I opened the door, the rush of oxygen caused it to burst into flame.

So I ran for the house to get some water. Took 2 steps (by now I'm running full blast) and tripped over a large chunk of firewood. Fell face 1st into another piece of firewood and cut my forehead, almost knocking myself out in the process.

I wobbled up to the house, ran in yelling "my trucks on fire. I need something that holds water" my sister and her family looked up to see a wild man yelling with blood running down his face.

I dumped the potato chips my niece was eating out of the bowl (onto the living room floor) and ran into the kitchen to fill it with water. (It was one of those giant chip bowls)

I ran for the front door, and ran right into my brother in law, spilling all the water on both of us, and then gravity deposited it on top of the potato chips I had just thrown on the floor.

My brother in law handed me a fire extinguisher, which I used to put out the seat in my truck, which had now burned downed to the springs.

cost for this visit to my sisters:

a large bleeding lump on my forehead
broke my glasses
burned up the seat in my truck
inside of all the truck glass covered in yellow greasy soot
soaked my brother in law with water
put the rest of his family in shock
created a large mess (incl soggy potato chips) in the middle of their living room
freaked the dog out big time
had to borrow a throw pillow to sit on, since the truck seat was down to the springs
right foot/toes were sore for a week from where I kicked the first piece of firewood

It's always an adventure when uncle Mark comes!

(my smart aleck nephew said it looked like the 3 stooges)

YOU WIN GOT TO BE HARD TO BEAT THAT ONE!!!!:let_it_all_out:

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know, hot weld in the ear sounds bad!!! ( all pun intended!!!):nanawrench:
Donny

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I did the hot slag in the ear once also.

Actually didnt hurt, but sounded really bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts