El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I look?
Usually found under the seats or on top of fuel tank?
Any other places of interest?
Thanks.

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,606 Posts
Found mine under the fuel tank

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I've been told it could be above the headliner or in the dash above the glovebox somewhere.
I haven't found mine. The only place we haven't looked is above the gas tank.
Good luck finding yours.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Mine was under the spare tire in the smugglers box. My grandpa (original owner and PO) had never had to use the spare. I have it now in a frame in an extra bedroom!

·
Registered
742 Posts
My 79's was under the headliner too....

Arnie in Iowa

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Mine was on the glove box door. I "transplanted" it when I changed dashes/glove box (after being told it couldn't be done).:beer:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have looked in all the above spots except under the headliner and under the carpet. I hope mine is there when I redo the interior.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Found mine on top of the gas tank. Only took me 30 years to find it. :???:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I have fond a few in cars, Under back seat in between the spring, In the headliner, On top of the gas tank and in door panels.

Doug

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,087 Posts
I have fond a few in cars, Under back seat in between the spring, In the headliner, On top of the gas tank and in door panels.

Doug
"Under back seat" in a camino?

Got me confused! :)

I am still looking for the back seat!

Have not found mine yet either, I have dropped the tank when I put the high pressure fuel pump in for the TPI, so mine must be somewhere else. The bucket seats have been re-done, so if it was there then probably long gone!.

·
Registered
449 Posts
found mine recently under carpert on top of transmission hump on a 1981.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I found my 1970 Chevelle's inside the rear seat base. I've just dropped the fuel tank on the same car and didn't find anything (there are, sometimes, multiple sheets found.) I haven't look on my 1980 El Camino.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Keep in mind build sheets found in seats might not be for the car the seats are found in. Seats were built up in the cushion room and conveyed to the final assembly line for installation in the car. There have been known instances of bs found in seats to not match the car they were found in, things mixed up in plant. Also, seats can be swapped out very easily.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Found the one for my '72 SS on top of the gas tank. It was in pretty bad shape but still legible enough to verify the authenticity of the SS options.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts