El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my (Old Gray Lady) knowing it only has a 305 in it. I kept thinking, with gas price being....., and I have a hot rod (68 with a 396)
I could put a carb and intake on it and beef it up a little, but SOMETHING in my mind keeps going (gotta have at lease a 350!!!:let_it_all_out:)
My wifes new job don't pay crap so money is tight but everyday I catch myself looking for a motor!!!!
And the real shame is I would only drive it on the weekends as I have a company truck!!!
Is it because the grass is always greener....
I think the old Pinkomeano spoiled me!!!:dontknow:
Or maybe I just can't leave well enough alone!!!!
Donny

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I think it has more to do with the fact that being from texas, you have a basic mental defect.

:poke: :texas:

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you really wanna go fast find one of the old boosted grand national motors. 6 cylinder and its faster than your 305 :poke:

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe this is why????
350!

350!

350!

And 350!

Could it be?????:dontknow:
Donny

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
put her foot down !!

I bought my (Old Gray Lady) knowing it only has a 305 in it. I kept thinking, with gas price being....., and I have a hot rod (68 with a 396)
I could put a carb and intake on it and beef it up a little, but SOMETHING in my mind keeps going (gotta have at lease a 350!!!:let_it_all_out:)
My wifes new job don't pay crap so money is tight but everyday I catch myself looking for a motor!!!!
And the real shame is I would only drive it on the weekends as I have a company truck!!!
I think the old Pinkomeano spoiled me!!!:dontknow:
Donny
Your wife needs to put her foot ?? Down and put a leash on you :poke::poke:my wife said she has a training leash she can borrow,:poke: Donny Run !

·
Registered
168 Posts
I almost bought one for a couple hundred bucks a while back. Dunno how much they normally run for though. That was a buddies who totaled his gn

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
I think the old Pinkomeano spoiled me!!!:dontknow: I get my thrills fishing you get it working on and selling El Caminos.
Donny[/QUOTE

Get off the crapper and get it you already made up your mind. Think of it this way you will pull the 305 put the 350 have a little fun sell the truck and extra motor and start the process all over. CORRECT!!!!!!!:texas::texas: I get my thrills fishing and you by working on and selling El Caminos.

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the old Pinkomeano spoiled me!!!:dontknow: I get my thrills fishing you get it working on and selling El Caminos.
Donny[/QUOTE

Get off the crapper and get it you already made up your mind. Think of it this way you will pull the 305 put the 350 have a little fun sell the truck and extra motor and start the process all over. CORRECT!!!!!!!:texas::texas: I get my thrills fishing and you by working on and selling El Caminos.
:beer:
Donny

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,358 Posts
..Well,you name her right,so,just stay to the right and let everybody pass you by in there little prissy Pirus...:poke::poke::beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Here's a suggestion, Donny...you find me a good running 350 for cheap, and you put it in my Carlos for me! I'll trade your work and know how for my 350 that I have no idea what is wrong with it AND all of the new goodies that was just put on it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
305's can be decent engines, properly built up. My last one had ported HO heads,crane compucam & a ported TPI setup, Which are not worth the trouble unless you're keepin er for a good while. Without the whole package, the carb/ intake swap isn,t much good to a small engine with a small cam, restricted heads, & a streatched out timing chain all limiting what it could be.
After saying all that, no it's not just the texas gene, you need more power, Maybe a 5 cyl turbo diesel????:poke:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts