El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got me one of those stickers the goes across the top of your windshield it says "El Camino" in fancy red lettering but I always hated those stickers and would laugh in my head whenever I saw them.

There is a local with a saturn car that "Saturn" in big letters across the top and there is a white SUV that says "Shweet!" across the top but I don't think it's too sweet, I think it's stupid.

I think I'll put that El Camino Sticker in my garage instead. On the wall or something as a decoration.

She also got me a little plaque that has a checky logo and says "El Camino" then it says something like "Sit Down, Buckle up, Shut Up, and Hang on!" I thought it was cute, but once again... nothing that will ever find it's way into my car.

What do you all think of those windshield stickers? What kind of elky stuff do you all have?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gotta agree with you. I have none of that on my car. Now if I were only 20 again.......... it might be cool. The Mrs's and I like our car just the way it is now.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
No stickers on any of my cars, the ricers have killed it for all of us! Really though, had stickers on cars in my youth. Now ax me bout my tool boxes!

·
Registered
83 Posts
At one point in time I considered getting the "EL CAMINO" sticker for across my windshield, but that was when I was just looking for my elky. Once I got her, and spent a whole day cleaning and polishing and whatnot, I decided I like her the way she is. Although my mom bought me rose decals that look like they're etched, and I was thinking about putting them on the small windows on the sides, but I haven't decided yet. They look nice in my glove box though :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
87SS said:
acauth1 said:
Now ax me bout my tool boxes!
Or my garage refrigerator, there's where all mine end up. I swear it runs 20 degrees colder now :p
I hadn't though of that, bet it does. Which stickers work best?

·
1,867 Posts
No sticker ever on the cars paint! I have an American flag & Air Force emblem on the rear glass. I have my military decal on my front glass.

·
Registered
492 Posts
no stickers on mine any more, when i got it had a sticker on the back window from the rust-proofing company... directly below the sticker were several large rusted out holes... but i wouldnt mind one of those bumper stickers that say "american by birth, texan by the grace of god." :cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Bought an old Pontiac Ventura about 20 years ago had a bumper sticker on it from a local lesbian bar. Needless to say, I left it on there... been a lesbian myself far as long as I can remember
:lol: .

·
Registered
349 Posts
acauth1 said:
Bought an old Pontiac Ventura about 20 years ago had a bumper sticker on it from a local lesbian bar. Needless to say, I left it on there... been a lesbian myself far as long as I can remember
:lol: .
:lol: i woulda kept it on there too

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tommy said:
No sticker ever on the cars paint! .

I have my NECO cling on the bottom corner of the windshield...and that's it on the elky. I have a few stickers under the hood of my vette that are only seen with the hood up at shows!

·
Registered
121 Posts
No stickers, period. Would you paint a moustache on the Mona Lisa?

·
Registered
223 Posts
You all have good points, especially Scully. I only have one sticker on the rear glass: Harley Davidson.
I took my base decals off my car and my bike when I retired.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I have union(IAFF) sticker,9-11 memorial sticker,and edelbrock sticker on back glass but that ELCAMINO sticker accross the windshield would NEVER find its way on to my ELKY.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stickers?

I have some on my 68 El Camino---the rear window has a Chevy Bowtie in the right lower corner from Scoggin Dickey Chevrolet Parts Center, where I bought new original GM bed and tailgate mouldings, the vent windows have small Chevelle Classics Parts and Accessories (now Original Parts Group; I still have a bunch of these somewhere if y'all are interested) and of course a Harley Davidson shield in the left bottom corner of the rear window. Not too gaudy, but they seem appropriate!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts