El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i came across a set of 26*10*15 m/t slicks for dirt cheap and was thinking about getting them but i dont think they will fit... does anybody know the max you can fit before you have to notch on a 4th gen?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It all depends on the offset of the wheel your putting them on,my 3rd gen had 295-50-15s on when i bought it,and they sat inside the body,with no scraping whatsoever.
im not real great with metric tire sizes but those would be a little bit wider wouldnt they? like a 11 or 11.5 wide? do you know what back spacing you had? would the wheel spacing be the same for a 3rd gen as a 4th gen?

sorry for all the questions, they are all not directly at you by any means. help from anyone would be much appreciated :beer:

·
Registered
572 Posts
The tires you are considering buying,would most likely be 265 wide,which i believe would easily fit on a rim with 4 or 4 1/2 inch B/spacing,I would guess that a 3rd and 4th gen would have a similar rear wheel well....my elky (pictured) has weld wheels with 4 1/2 in B/space,with a 275-60-15 tire,and you can still get two fingers,between the wheel lip and the tire,and NEVER scapes.

·
Registered
555 Posts
i came across a set of 26*10*15 m/t slicks for dirt cheap and was thinking about getting them but i dont think they will fit... does anybody know the max you can fit before you have to notch on a 4th gen?
M/T recommends that tire be mounted on a 10" rim, I don't know why. I would mount that on an 8" rim. That tire has a 9.6" tread width so from sidewall to sidewall is going to be wider than 9.6"

I would take off one of your rear wheels and measure your fender well width to make sure. I would imagine that you're going to be able to fit that tire with little or no modifications as long as you have an 8" rim with a 4" back spacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.