El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids want Wi-Fi in the car. I'm not against that but is there any way to make the router invisible? To not ruin the interior of my car

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Run your phone or their phone as a mobile wi fi hot spot. No need for any other hardware than that.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The phone's battery drain pretty fast when running a mobile hotspot. I need something else. I'm thinking about a portable router

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Where will the router get its TCP/IP connection to the outside Internet world? In other words, where's the Transport Layer for you in the networking scheme?

Get a cigarette charger for the phone providing the cellular data.

Rick

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,719 Posts
Another fake post? Where do these keep coming from.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Have they used it in a vehicle before? Reason I ask is what they’re expecting it to do. I have a ‘17 Durango that has the ability to be its own hotspot so we tried it on vacation. Signal strength was too poor (on I-26 from Charleston to Columbia, SC) to stream anything.
Patrick

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I dunno JK, the last couple like this I have spotted are claiming the UK as their home. if course, they're stupid enough to re-use the same username when creating accounts simultaneously on other sites and only making one post. the OP in this case has created tehe same account on a woodcarving site with a 2-word post and a japanesenostalgic site with a post about SEO.

sounds to me like someone has found a way to abuse account creation on vBulletin sites by automating it and then being able to start spamming

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
I'm thinking a can of metal polish, a bunch of rags, some interior cleaner and mcrofiber towels would be a more productive and educational investment for the children.
With all the online training right now, help them find things to do with their hands.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I wonder if there is a weakness getting in through Tapatalk?

I only suffer responding to post questions such as these for a fraction of a second longer than JK. I will give everybody two chances but after that, I'm generally done with them unless they really redeem themselves later.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Options:
A. Every cell company has a mini wifi hotspot router that you can plug into USB.
B. Get one of those promotional tablets cell companies use it as a hot spot.
C, Go on Alibaba and find a car stereo with a SIM slot. Then go to your cell company and say you want to add another line to your plan and give me the card and slide it in the slot. It's basically a android tablet crammed into a car stereo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Options:
A. Every cell company has a mini wifi hotspot router that you can plug into USB.
Agreed. This is probably the easiest and cheapest option. I use a Verizon MiFi hot spot for work so I can connect my laptop to the internet. It plugs into a usb power source to stay charged. It can just run on battery also if you want to keep less wire clutter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts