El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night so I am an expert.. Like Mike said, with a little fab work, you can make anything fit. I installed buckets and console from a 2002 Grand Am in my 5th gen. If you have a welder and grinder you can do it in an afternoon.:texas:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have seen A LOT of buckets from A LOT of make and models. Sometimes the seats do have to be modified, modern seats are pretty thick if you ask me(short folks might not have any worries though). But Either adding bolts up through the floor or custom brackets to mount the seats is usualy a typical step in the process of changing seats.
Also, you didn't say if you had a console between your buckets? A console seems to really offset the look of buckets in an El Camino so I'd recomend one from a Pick-n-Pull yard out of a Malibu or Monte if you don't have one already.
No reason not to ride in style right?:beer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I know there has been alot of disscussion about seats. Since I'm tall it can be a pain to get in and out of my el camino . Trying to find buckets that will be fairly easy to install and sit alittle lower. Yes I do have a center console out of a Monte Carlo in it. I don't mind doing some fab work to make them fit although I don't won't it to be a HUGE project just to get teh seats to fit. Have to much other stuff I want to do with it. If anyone else has any ideas of what works please let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.