El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I’d think any 15’s would fit. That’s a lot of offset for a 6” wheel, but if you imagine adding a couple of inches to the outside of that wheel it’d be about centered. Bottom line is that unless the inner surface has a very extreme taper, any 15 should bolt right up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Beautiful ElkyBill. Love the spinners. I'll bet they were more $$$ than the rims.
Where'd you source them? What disc brakes are you running?
Excellent choice on the 15" and the red lines!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sourced the spinners on Ebay Joe.The harder parts to find were the center emblems.55 year old plastic parts don't hold up as well as metal.And yes the spinners cost more than the wheels! But I go to a lot of shows and I'm the only one with that combo,lol!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Installed 15x6 Torque Thrusts with a set of 4 NOS 1965 Mickey Thompson spinners.Age appropriate for my '64!
Looks good, especially with the spinners. (y)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agreed. The period correct redlines and old skool spinners really accent the early 60s vibe!
Gorgeous car!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
They look nice. Those wheels were made for these cars, since they were the popular cars of the day.

I never liked the big wheels on old cars and then I find out they are dangerous because the tires are too stiff for the positive camber that the suspension experiences during heavy braking.. Some say more then half the tires tread can be completely off the road during a panic stop..

·
Registered
75 Posts
@ELKYBILL , Today, cruising in my Jeep TJ I spotted this. Turned around. Spoke to mechanic (was at a shop). Owner just acquired it. The rear was 235 X 15”. Not sure rim width. Took close up of lid. Didn’t see any rust. Nice ol Elky that’s gonna get some love!!

Edit: Elky is 1985. Kid manning the shop wasn’t sure engine/specs. It arrived when he wasn’t working. Had front disc, rear drum. Rims: American Racing. Closeup is rear. I love the cowl hood....that’s my true bucket list item I’d love to get...wouldn’t want the painting and fitting bill though!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts