El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished redoing my doors.I removed the glass and replaced all the window felts and door rubber seals.The guide felts on the passenger side were dirty,but not badly worn.The ones on the drivers side had been adjusted by crow bar and where in bad shape.I couldn't find them anywhere so I bent them back in shape,but couldn't get any felt.I ended up using the fabric side of Velcro glued to the original mounts.They work GREAT.I also had nasty scratches on the outside of the window from the missing felt.I bought a glass polishing kit and removed most of the scratches.I cleaned and greased all the glides and slides,replaced rollers as needed and greased the regulator.I glued on new plastic as a water barrier and will install the door panels after I get the windows tinted.
8) Shane

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I used pieces of carpet on those. Some of mine were gone also. I thought about going to a Junk Yard and just pulling some off other cars but then didn't.

Mine are still tearing up the film (tint) on one or two places I have little scratches that go through the tint film. It is not scratching the glass just tearing up the film. I've played with the adjustments and nothing seems to help. I guess someone could have bent mine up but when I had it apart it didn't look like they had been bent or pryed on.

·
1,867 Posts
Shane, what kit did you use to polish your glass?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts