El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears I need to replace the windshield washer pump on my '86 Camino.
I'd appreciate some tips on the best way to remove and replace the pump.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,334 Posts
very easy to change

take the hoses off & remove pump (just pull out from housing)
put new pump in & attach hoses
The GM part number for new pump is 22049373
Part #2 on the diagram on the cover

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Windshield washer pump

Hello , I am also replacing my washer pump on my 87. I was told also to pick up a new clip.I'm not sure what this is. Has anyone ever heard of this ? Thanks a lot ! Pete.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've taken a look at the wiper/washer unit and can't figure how to the the washer pump removed so I can replace it.
I'd appreciate some help on how to do that.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops, I did something wrong because I just pulled real hard and it finally came out. I have a new pump ordered but I hope I didn't mess something up by not pulling the clip first.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pardon me for belaboring this Washer Pump thing.
I've ordered a new one that should be here Sunday.
But, the pump has two male terminals, and I'm concerned about how to align the pump going back in so the terminals will align properly with the female terminals on the inside.
Is there a trick to this, or should I just pull the wiper motor so I can see what I'm doing?

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
recently I had to replace my wiper motor, also replaced the washer along with it. I used ANCO 6119, at Rock Auto it was about $30 in addition to the wiper motor. I didn't want to fiddle with trying to repair the pump itself. Just easier to deal with as a unit replacement, since I'd already have the old motor assembly on my bench. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=537223&jsn=3

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My new washer pump should arrive tomorrow.
So, I'd still like to ask the best way to reinstall the pump.
The reason I ask is the pump has two male electric terminals that obviously have to line up with two female clips.
Is there a secret to how to reinstall the pump so the terminals line up when you push the pump back in?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts