El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I decided to do the smugglers box area with a hinge, after that is done I want to spray the bed with a liner in my '75 el Camino.

Project right now is that I have the smuggler are cover off, about to buy some angle iron for a frame and a piano hinge, have to clean up the smuggler box area, will spray that are with bed liner once I have the frame built/attached, also have to makeup a latch.

Once all the smuggler box work is done I want to spray the entire bed with some bed liner, been shopping around and found a couple of brands, wondering if anyone has used any of these:

Custom Coat:

Raptor:

Here is where I am at:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used the Raptor in the bed of my 78. It's a two part, easy to apply, but you need to get their Shutz gun as the thread on their bottle won't fit a standard gun. It sprays nice and not too thick. Took about a week to off gas and harden and it's very durable.. gives a nice finish. You can tint it if you want as well, but as my Elco is black, I just used the black bottles.

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used the Raptor in the bed of my 78. It's a two part, easy to apply, but you need to get their Shutz gun as the thread on their bottle won't fit a standard gun. It sprays nice and not too thick. Took about a week to off gas and harden and it's very durable.. gives a nice finish. You can tint it if you want as well, but as my Elco is black, I just used the black bottles.
I have Rhino lining in my '87, wears great, cleans up nice when I get it dirty.

Wondering if the Raptor is as durable and has about the same thickness?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts