El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that its raining my wipers have decided to be a pain. I have windshield wipers as long as I hold in the the push section of the switch. I also have the two speed controls. I cannot get them to stay on.
I pulled the switch. Is it possible I hooked the wires up wrong? They seemed to slide right on, and followed the shape of the switch without an edge hanging over. This must be my season for electrical problems,'cause my horn quit, and my lights were acting funny. Now I've got my lights working, my horn working, and my wipers kinda working.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
From your description, I'd guess the switch is broken. If you had it connected wrong the wipers would not work at all. Pushing it in mught be enough to overcome some broken down connection inside. But I'm not the expert on the subject.

My way to work through electrical gremlins like yours is to put a test light on the switch terminals one by one and figure out where the juice goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish it would rain. My wipers (and washers) won't shut off! anybody got any clues as to what may be the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts