El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Conquista | 305 | Th350 | Air Suspension
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m running some 16-gauge wiring for some sensors. The wires are going from inside the cab through outside and underneath the vehicle towards the back.

I’ve seen 2 main types of wire looms, the pvc tubing type and the wire mesh type. Does it matter which type I use?

·
Registered
1964 camino, 350 Vortec, 700r4
471 Posts
I rarely have to use such things, as it kinda goes against my red neck culture to use anything but duct tape 😂. The few times I’ve “tried” to do a nice job, I used that plastic corrugated stuff with these clips in the picture. Just drill some holes and push them in. If I have rubber hose laying around, I’ll run wires through those too.
If it’s secure, and it looks clean, then it’s not wrong in my book.
White Product Font Fashion accessory Pattern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Main thing I will say about this is make sure you are using components that last! PVC is always the best to use - most durable and cost efficient material out there. In terms of the wire mesh - I always used stainless steel ( Stainless Mesh ) while you will pay a little more than plain carbon steel up front - in the long run, it is worth avoiding the aggravation down the road.

That retainer clip set is excellent - can easily be purchased at any Home Depot or (G Forbid) AMAZON!

·
Registered
1984 Conquista | 305 | Th350 | Air Suspension
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Main thing I will say about this is make sure you are using components that last! PVC is always the best to use - most durable and cost efficient material out there. In terms of the wire mesh - I always used stainless steel ( Stainless Mesh ) while you will pay a little more than plain carbon steel up front - in the long run, it is worth avoiding the aggravation down the road.

That retainer clip set is excellent - can easily be purchased at any Home Depot or (G Forbid) AMAZON!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts