El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tried to check the ground under the hood. I checked my meter, it reads 1. Before I start. when I connect the meter ends together, it reads .000, which it should. I touched the ground by the battery and the Cruise control ground on the driver's fender. It read 1. . I sanded the paint off both fenders, when I placed the ground screws there. I'm not sure I'm correct here, but I believe it should read below 1. going from ground to ground. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Make sure that the connection between the ground wire and the truck is clean & tight. You need direct metal to metal contact. Make sure that that there is no paint or rust under the ground terminal. Wire brush the terminal, the screw head and the point of connection on the truck.

Also make sure that the other (Rostra) end of the ground wire is tight an grease free.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have sanded the paint from both of new fenders where I mounted the grounds. I'm not sure how to get the control panel apart how the wire is attached inside.

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
with the meter on OHMs 0 will be a good connection,, that's 0 resistance..
anything above 0 is less than a 100% connection..
it could be the fender ground its self,, measure the fender to the -neg battery post..
measure from the fender to the wire, that checks everything on the ground connection..
then from the screw to the wire, and connector,,
then from the fender to the connector, and wire,, and see which is higher..
when you get it all clean and tight, then spray down with a good thick spray grease,,
to slow the rust/corrosion..
:texas:

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
it says
Signal Generator or Magnet & Coil Pick-Up Kit
F. Gray Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Wire
The Gray Vehicle Speed Signal (VSS) wire is how the GlobalCruise “knows” how
fast the vehicle is moving. The Pulses Per Mile/Kilometer (PPM/PPK) are a
characteristic of the vehicle and must be set accordingly (See Page 7). If VSS cannot
be located on the vehicle then an auxiliary road speed sensor must be used
[Signal Generator or Magnet & Coil Pick-Up Kit (Kit# 250-4165)].
If you use an (J in Figure 34)
and trim the Gray VSS wire as not to pick-up any stray signals.
In order to locate the VSS and TACH signals, consult a Vehicle Shop Manual, our
Vehicle Technical Guide (Rostra Form# 4429 or 4428), Technical
Service Department
at (800) 732-4744, Fax us at (910) 276-3759 (USA) or visit
www.rostra.com.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank you JJ. I have a large grey wire that runs to the transmission. The small grey wire had pieces cut out of it and I'm trying to splice it back together. So since there's no speed sensor on the drive line , does it mean I don't have to patch it together?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts