El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mioght belong in electrical.
When I baught my elky the previous owner told me that he had just put in a new blower but there was no wayto turn it on and off. he gave me a switch and told me that I would need to connect one wire to the blower, another to the fuse box and the third goes to ground.
I have never worked on a car and am learning more and more each day. How do I get the wire from the dash to the engine compartment? I have not looked under there yet but is there a hole to easily send it through?
Also, I look at the blower and I cannot see where I need to attach the wire to it.
Perhaps there is a diagram somewhere online?
Thanks for all your help.
Steve
http://elcaminocentral.com/users/bigsteves81/

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fort he quick reply

yeah, it is a brand new blower, I got AC and heat
The ac/heater is still in the dash, which makes me thingthe AC prolly is not gonna work this summer. I do not know why I would need the switch and not hook up the ac/heater in the actual car.
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks!

THis is realy helpful but I also need some pictures ... of where to aoctualy run the wire through the firewall into the engine compartment ... I cannot seem to actualy find a whole.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Why not use the original switch instead of rigging one, you do want to restore the car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure do!! But right now I would like to stay warm!!! lol I live in central MA and it is insane cold here. it is my first winter here since I moved from VA Beach. I will be fixing the whole thing up. I will not be restoring it to it's original condition to be honest however, I plan on trying to make it look and work better then before. I hope for a custom dash with all new gauges and such. I hope that does not upset most of you guys too much. Do not get me wrong... they are beautiful automobiles but I plan on taking mine to the next level.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Hey whatever trips your trigger, or in this case heater. It could be something simple like a broken wire or corroded contact, I wouldn't rig it, why not take it to a pro, if your not sure what to do, have him at least check it out with a meter to see if your getting power through the circuit. Maybe it's a quick fix! Shoudn't be too expensive to at least check it out, then maybe you can get back here with what he finds out at we can go from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts