El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a restro project on my 1970. I plan on using the newer Dakota Digital RTX-70C-MAL-X gages.
Looking for a complete dash, no dash pad... preferably in black
1970, 71, 72, Malibu, El Camino, Non SS, rectangular sweeping speedo dash style.
I live in Southern California.. can travel to pick-up, or am willing to pay for shipping..
Thanks.

Premium Member
Hi Eagerquest, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't have a dash but others here might. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 70 El Camino. Best of luck in the build of your 70 El Camino. Have fun with your 70 El Camino and the community. Merry Christmas 馃巹

Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
Spamming again?

Premium Member
@Eagerquest Not you.
It is likely there was a post #3.
Then that person got banned and likely deleted and their post removed and now gone.
So JKCamino post warning you about the spammer, moved up from # 4 to post #3.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, makes sence...That would explain this e-mail that I got then as well...
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Deputy National Director
Guy name cpart86
He posted that his friend has the part & for you to email him
He was a new member & that's how they scam you of your money

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found this on line... notice the e-mail address at the bottom..?? same person?, I don't know....

Font Flag of the united states Flag Motor vehicle Signage

Deputy National Director
Not the same email he used to sign up here

Deputy National Director
we stop him (cpart233) 15 days ago from trying to scam people

Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
Yup just looking out for you馃憤

Registered
Sorry - I haven't been on here for a while, I am refurbing an SS dash for my wife's 72 W code. I have an extra SS dash that is going into a 1972 Malibu to replace the sweep dash. Are you still interested?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry - I haven't been on here for a while, I am refurbing an SS dash for my wife's 72 W code. I have an extra SS dash that is going into a 1972 Malibu to replace the sweep dash. Are you still interested?
Hello,
I'm looking for the sweep dash. A 72' Malibu dash should work in a 70' El Camino.
Is it the complete dash? Condition? Photos?

Thanks for your reply.

Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
Hello,
I'm looking for the sweep dash. A 72' Malibu dash should work in a 70' El Camino.
Is it the complete dash? Condition? Photos?

Thanks for your reply.
Just want to mention that I believe the dash wiring harness is different on a 71-72 than the 70. On the SS version, if not both. So, you should research the details before purchasing 72 parts for your 70. Looks the same, but not always exactly the same. Good luck anyway!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for the input on the wiring however, "I'm doing a restro project on my 1970. I plan on using the newer Dakota Digital RTX-70C-MAL-X gages." ..So the wiring will all change anyway. Going to be putting in a "Vintage Air" system and upgraded vintage look stereo as well. The whole wiring harness will be changed out. The dash itself (from a '72) should work as I believe that they were all the same from 70' thru 72' on the Chevelle, Malibu, and El Camino, weather sweeping or SS.

Registered
Dashes are the same 1970-72 and Chevelle to El Camino. With a new harness, any combination can be made to work.

The dash I have has the radio cut out. If that is a hard stop, let me know. Otherwise, I can send pictures. It is in good condition other than radio.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Radio area can be repaired if it's not hacked up too bad. Is it black in color?
Are any of the mounting tabs broken?
Where are you located (shipping costs, I'm located in Long Beach, CA.) ?
What are you looking to get for it$$ ?
And yes, some photos would be great!
Also, do you happen to have the stereo speak brackets too (that's a bonus)
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts