El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year is it? Supposedly a Tennesee truck. I'm inclined to believe him, cause it looks pretty solid overall (especially for here in Michigan). He says it runs. Floor boards are rusty, but the sheetmetal's not. No seat. Off hand he didn't know where the key and title were. I'm not terribly surprised, there's like 20 or 30 vehicles in his yard (along with dozens of drivetrains and scores and scores of tires) and he doesn't seem to be the most organized person in the world. In the mean time, what do you think? Anything I should look into next time I swing by?
Thanks,
--Pete

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Off hand he didn't know where the key and title were.
Key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Worth the effort

I would offer a few hundred. NEEDS alot but isent any Elky worth the try?For thhat price at least you can sell body parts.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Great find!
Grill and front bumper are 74, you can decode the VIN to find out for sure.
Sheetmetal like floorpans are relativly cheap for this style and it even has air.
It would make a great rotisserie restoration project!. :)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I'd hurry up and give him the $400 before he changes his mind or someone else buys it...I see alot of good parts there even if you were to part it out, but the car definately looks restorable. "It's a beautiful find in the neighborhood...a beautiful find in the neighborhood...Would you be mine...Could you be mine...Won't you be my Elky...Can you say 454...sure you can, I knew you could!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Key is in the ignition.
Hahahaha :lol: Doh! I wonder if he's found 'em yet? We were just talking about the Camino when he mentioned the lack-o-key and I later ran back to the van to grab the camera for some pics. Guess I was just too excited! The biggest problem with this project is my lack of any place to do it (not to mention I don't have all the tools or skills to do it right). :-( I'm going to swing by again to visit it and if I decide it's just too much project for me now, I'll let you all know. *SOMEBODY* will be a very happy camper! (even if it turns out not to be me)
Thanks,
--Pete

·
Registered
349 Posts
i would go for it. i missed out on a 4th gen a couple years ago for $900. the guy changed his mind,did the bodywork and then put it back up for sale,this time for $1850. i didnt have the money so i missed out the second time. some day i want to get a 4th gen elky though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a `76 that looked just like that only it was black.In my opinion,get it for $400.If the body is in good shape and doesn't have alot of bondo it could make a real good fixer-uper.I wish I could have gotten my black one for $400,it cost me $1000,and the first thing I had to do 2 weeks after I had it was have the tranny rebuilt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a hard decision, but I just haven't got a place to put it while it waits for me to gather the funds to fix it up (which could be a looong while). :-( So I'll pass on the seller's info if anyone else wants a good start to a winter project. He lives at 13315 Telegraph in Flat Rock, Michigan (at least I think it's Flat Rock, he's just south of the Flat Rock Speedway). Phone number: 734-782-5434. Oh, and and his name is Gerry.
Good luck and if anyone here gets it, please send me some pics when she's all done! :)
--Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts