El Camino Central Forum banner

Yellow and Blue?

3301 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  bonos40
I have a yellow car and i need to re-do my interior. like done deal donny type yellow. now i was wondering about a medium blue? like the kit that opgi sells. does anyone have any oppinions?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I don't think that the blue would work well with yellow.
I don't think that the blue would work well with yellow.

I don't think the "RAMS FANS" out there will agree with you on that !

Yellow & Blue can be a good Color combination, IF DONE CORRECTLY.
But I'm not sure a Blue interior with a Yellow Body color
would be one of those combinations that would fall into
that catigory. I'm also NOT A CRITIC on color combinations,
so what do I know?
Yellow and blue make green! :biggrin2:

I would say go classic black, or a medium to dark gray.
yellow and purple!!! then you could buy a cain and a big fuzzy hat haha pimp!!

nah all kidding aside, ive always loved the black interior on a yellow car, really sets it off and is easier to keep clean
Go Tan or Saddle with a yellow exterior, if you're opposed to black, which always looks good.
Saddle would be my first pick with the Yellow Exterior, Next pick would be Black...
Grey, black, or white interiors go with any color you paint your car. Yellow and grey look pretty snazzy if you go with a charcoal grey shade.

:dontknow:
I have a yellow car and i need to re-do my interior. like done deal donny type yellow. now i was wondering about a medium blue? like the kit that opgi sells. does anyone have any oppinions?
i love how you mention triple D hahaha if mine was yellow i would only do a black interior. but you should do what you want and like. lets just wait to see what the yellow one has to say lol
The yellow one says (if I did blue I'd have to do dark blue) Just a splash like mine (everywhere)
But I would say most important is what YOU like. I chose my color and my arrows on the hood because I wanted no other like it. It screams Donny, (at least thats what I think it's screaming)
Make it yours!!!!
Donny
G
Maybe add more yellow to the inside of the car
Saddle, then tan, then black, then white..
It is always good to bring a little of the exterior color to the interior. Just a bit of trim that you can change out if you ever repaint the body.
But just a splash!!!!

Donny
See less See more
Complimentary to Yellow is Violet. My mother is an assistant to interior Desingers (who i dont understand all the time) but here are a few suggestions that they would probably use...

The Complimentary Color - Yellow = Purple/Violet.

The Split Complimentary Color - Yellow = BlueViolet/RedViolet.

Accending Color/Variant Color - Yellow = YellowOrange,Orange, OrangeRed, Red.

Opposite Accending Color/Vairant Color - Yellow = YellowGreen, Green, BlueGreen, Blue

You can always throw in black, it's a simple fix to a color problem, black goes with everything, or white. White is a good color too. However you gotta think what colors you'd want to use on the interior as far as ware as well. IE the driver seat/Steering wheel. What will rub what wont.

Even using black on your interior over time will look like junk if you dont maintain it on a daily basis, such as a driver seat cracking/turning grey.

My personal opinion. do what makes you happy man. :poke:

There aint nothin' better than looking at your car and falling in love. :inlove::inlove:

For me if i did yellow i'd go black or a tan.
See less See more
Go Blue ....and move to MICHIGAN...... M-GO BLUE !!
seriously, my 1940 Ford (soorry) is Camaro yellow with a saddle tan interior looks great !
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.